Friday, October 9, 2015

Success! (Late Night Love & Field Lab tomorrow)

Good Evening, my Darling,

Well, girl, there's some success right there! No sooner said than done, haha. That is a beautiful picture of you in front of the old stone building with the red door. Is that a storage building of some type from bygone days? I can see it's locked up, but it would be great if you could use it as a location and go inside. I am guessing it's way out in the country, and your Mom wants to see it too. She's gotta be pretty cool if she has an interest in old places like that.  :)

Also, that is a positively great stage shot of the guitarist from Versus Me. Fantastic shot, Elizabeth, once again totally capturing the live-ness, the feeling of being onstage, the power of the concert. Really, really good indeed. So there's some success for ya!  :)

I had a minor success too. I went out to Corriganville to look for spooky Halloween shots. It was 107 degrees today, so you know I was feelin' fine. :) I didn't do a strenuous hike - Corriganville is flat terrain - but I still put in about 2 miles, and I got a couple good shots of one of my favorite subjects, you've probably seen him before, that old Devil-lookin' tree, with the dark arms sticking out. He's always reliable as a subject, so I took a couple pics......

I will go for the rest of my walk in a few, then come back and watch a "Walking Dead" episode.

And, I will write more later on at Pearl's. Enjoy your evening!

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:20am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I hope you had a nice evening and that all projects are coming along well. I don't know what all you've got going at the moment, but you seem to be getting a lot of work, so that's fantastic. I am looking forward to tomorrow, because it's the day of the tour for the Santa Susana Field Lab, and this time we get to bring our cameras! It's almost funny - and ironic - because, well, I've been on three previous tours and they never allowed cams. It was, after all, a NASA rocket facility. Understandable, then. But the funny part is that, before I knew much about the place, I hiked up there in Summer 2006. Man, I can hardly believe that was nine years ago already. Anyhow, my friend Ryan (aka The Prime Minister) was living in a trailer park on the same mountain as the Field Lab. His place was located on the same road, about two miles down the hill. The Lab is at the top, and covers a huge area up there in the Santa Susana Mountains. Anyway, that Summer I was housesitting for him for a weekend, and I had my videocam with me (an old-but-new-at-the-time mini-dvd model), and one afternoon I thought, "why don't I walk up there and check out the rocket facility"......

So I did. A steep walk, in the heat. But that's my specialty. When I got to the top, I was stoked. "Wow! This is where they tested all those rocket engines in the '60s". You used to be able to hear the roar, miles away down in the Valley neighborhoods. So I was standing on the little road outside the main gate, and I started to take video of a big water tank that had the Boeing logo painted on the side. Boeing now runs the site, which was made famous by Rocketdyne in the 1960s.

So I'm standing there, just shooting a few seconds of this Boeing water tank, and all of a sudden this security truck is hauling you-know-what in my direction, coming through the gate. Two guys get out and want to confiscate my camera! I explain - "all I was doing was shooting the water tank. There aren't any signs prohibiting photography".

The guys : "Well, this is a protected site, National Security blah-blah-blah.....".

I was ultimately allowed to keep my camera after explaining that I was not a spy but merely a NASA and Apollo rocket buff (Gemini & Mercury too), and so that's the irony.....that I once got in trouble for photographing a water tank outside the property.........

..........but tomorrow, nine years later, I get to go inside and photograph with Boeing's blessing.

Too cool.

It should be another Hot One up there, however. Tonight it never cooled off and was one of the warmest nights in recent memory. This is my fourth tour, so I know what to expect, but I am still excited.

The tour is from 1 to 4pm. I will leave at Noon to get there a little early, cause you have to sign a waiver before going in, and show ID and stuff. But I will be around at Pearl's before then, and I will be back in time for my usual 4:30pm shift.

See you in the morning, Sweet Baby! I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment