Saturday, December 12, 2015

Great Shots + The Whole Thing Is Too Cool :)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

So it looks like tonight was your last night in Michigan, in Battle Creek. I trust it was a great show and a good crowd and reception for the bands.

Okay, wait a minute.....now I just checked your FB and see other photos posted by Lee & James, and I see that the show was sold out! Excellent.......  :)

You got some terrific shots, Elizabeth. Good action, sense of motion. In the one posted by Lee,  you have the two band members onstage performing, offset by the heads of two audience members looking right at them. That's a nice balance. Background shows lights & other equipment and staging. A good mix for a live shot! Your composition is also good in all the shots. Framing and angles, all good.

Awesome job, and the job of such photos (at concerts or any photojournalism where a story is being depicted) is to give the viewer a feeling of what it was like to be there, and you are capturing that.

It's all Too Cool, and even though you may not have (or maybe you have, I dunno), it would be extra cool if you keep a journal of such road trips and concerts, just little paragraphs and notes, so that you can look back on them in later years and read for yourself how you felt in the moment, and what you experienced on a particular night. The life of a rock n' roll photojournalist. Beyond cool.  :)

Well, tomorrow night you will be back in Madison for the Fall ll Rise show. And then Sunday, back with IP/VM for the final night. A busy weekend for both of us. Tomorrow I have gotta haul some booty if I am gonna get everything done. I will try to leave for the Sophie shopping trip fairly early, so that I am not rushing back to make that choir practice on time.

I should be back from the Hilary Hahn concert no later than 12:30am. I am reconsidering my plan to possibly take the subway to Disney Hall. Did I mention I was maybe gonna try that? Previously, I have always driven there, because the nearest subway stop is almost a mile away. I don't like driving in Downtown L.A., because there are a lot of one way streets, and the freeway exits are confusing, and the parking is expensive, etc. So I figured I might try the subway this time. I take it everywhere else Downtown, and a mile is nothing to me, a fifteen minute walk. But tonight in the Valley, our normally mild weather was replaced by cold, gale force winds. So I may drive after all. We'll see.......

But I will definitely be home by 12:30 either way, and I will write then. Have a blast tomorrow night yourself, and congratulations on your first tour! More to come........

See you in the morning and then again at Pearl's 4:30-6:30. I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment