Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Super Duper (great photo + snowy owl & raccoons)

Happy Super Late Night, my Darling,

Because I am posting so late, and because I didn't post yesterday, I am gonna go ahead and put this up right away, before I finish writing it, just so you'll know I'm here. Then I'll come back and actually write the blog. Back in a minute with more.....  :)

Okay, now I am back. I saw your photo on FB this morning, and wow! That is a big time rock photo, Elizabeth. I don't know if it's a still shot or from your video, but either way it's fantastic. For a shot of a singer, the emphasis is perfect : lips, mouth and microphone. Her highlighted hair above her nose gives the shot motion, i.e. "live-ness". You nailed the framing, and the whole thing is really, really good. So as always I am looking forward to seeing the video. You must have two or three ready to go now, by the different bands you've recently worked with.

I hope you are enjoying your Christmas week, too. I did see another post of yours, the photo of the snowy owl. What a beautiful sight that would be! You guys have some great birds up there (and is an owl considered a bird? I would imagine so...)

But yeah, a snowy owl, too perfect on the first day of Winter. I am glad to see that you are not getting hammered by the Deep Freeze thus far. On weather.com it said 38 degrees for Madison today. Not too shabby (though it would be a Deep Freeze for us here, lol). We are probably in the mid-40s as I write, but once that cloud cover is gone, we are gonna be down in the mid-30s ourselves, at least at night, and that qualifies as official L.A. Cold.  :)

One of my favorite things about the Winter Solstice is that every day after is a minute more of sunshine. So by January 21, it is light outside for a half hour longer, and so forth. And by March, you get the return of daylight savings. Right now, though, I am enjoying the dark skies and twinkling Christmas lights. Today, I hung around The Pad until late afternoon, when I went for a hike at Aliso Canyon. Didn't get any good pics, but it is always nice to be there, and this time there was a little water in the creek from recent rain.

Other than that, I'm just enjoying my time off. The weather should be clear tomorrow, so maybe a trip to Santa Su is in order.

I forgot to mention that I saw a family of raccoons the other night at CSUN. They were coming out of some bushes up near the science department. You notice their behavior, and so I saw Mama Raccoon pause on the grass, a few feet from the trash can she was heading for, and even though I was standing about ten feet away, she didn't run. So I knew she was waiting for her kids, and sure enough, here they came : one at a time, emerging from the same bushes as Mama had. I've seen 'em before (maybe even the same family), and that's how Raccoon kids always do it : one at a time. They play it really safe. So I always stand super still to be unobtrusive, so I can watch them. It's fun. This time, though, I was maybe a little too close, because they wouldn't go all they way to the trash can. They just stood there on the lawn, Mama and three kids, all hunched over like Raccoons do. They were looking at me, waiting for me to leave, so I did. But it was really cool to see the whole family.  :)

That's all I know for tonight. I will sleep in tomorrow, but should be awake by 10am or so. Sweet Dreams and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment