Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Late Monday Love

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I guess I must have got the date wrong for the Versus Me video. Either that or they pushed it back for one reason or another. I hope you had a good day, though, and I did see one post that was a list of tour dates for another band, Starset. Aren't those the guys with the far-out space outfits? That looks like a big tour they are on, with a national act, so once again that is good for you, assuming you will be shooting at least the local show in Madison.

I am looking at the music for the chorale version of "Joy To The World" and trying to remember the various jumps in the tenor line that we rehearsed yesterday with the director. Wanna get it right to make a good impression.

Pretty much a normal Monday. Got my Sofronitsky CDs in the mail from Japan. Took almost three weeks from the date of order, but worth the wait. Sublime pianism, sounding entirely without effort - literally - as if he is in a dream of the music as it comes through him. Of course the effort to reach that level is monumental, but when this guy got to that point, he made his considerable technique invisible, leaving only the soul of Scriabin exposed. For me, it's as good as it gets, though admittedly it took me a long time to be able to fully appreciate this music, which is like a free flowing stream of consciousness. Very beautiful, though, and spiritual, mystic even.........

Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday I will try to get in a hike and take some photos. I hope they fix my FB again, and soon.

I Love You and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment