Sunday, December 6, 2015

Late Saturday Night Love & Stuff

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Late Night. Sorry I didn't write yesterday, but I can't see a thing on FB. Not even on the "posts You like" search feature. It just shows the same dozen or so posts it always does, with nothing new mixed in. Same thing today. Nothing new whatsoever. I mean, I'm sure you must have posted some "likes" in the past couple days, but for whatever reason, my FB has all but shut them down. Without a news ticker I can't see a thing, and what gets me - and seems fishy to me, like someone is messing with me - is that I have you set first on everything - the "close friends" list, the "see first" post setting, the "always notify" setting.......

And still I get trillions of unwanted posts from people I am FB "friends" with but don't know (some of whom post endless political screeds), and nothing shows up from you.

So, I am trying to hang in there. Maybe after the New Year we can figure something out, if you want to, and if they don't fix my news ticker by then......

I haven't much to report anyway, just Typical Day Stuff. No hikes since last week, weather kinda windy and crummy, chilly.......

I did see a movie this evening called "Under The Skin" with Scarlett Johansen. I saw it at the libe and figured I'd give it a try.

Having seen it, I will put it right up there with "Tideland" (by Terry Gilliam) and "Quintet" (by Robert Altman) as the Worst Movie Ever Made. Oh, and that movie with Robert Pattinson a couple years ago where he rode around in a Limo.

A huge problem with some - or even many - of these new filmmkers, is that they cannot write a story. They can put up good pictures on the screen, good camera shots, but no drama.

"Under The Skin" takes it to a new level, down into the basement, and it ranks with a movie I saw earlier this year called "The Turin Horse" (by Bela Tarr) as films in which absolutely nothing happens.

At least with "The Turin Horse", I think the guy did it on purpose. 

But this movie tonight was just plain awful.

Time for some Christmas movies, I think. And by Monday or Tuesday I should have some new "Walking Dead" discs waiting at the Libe.......

Tomorrow morn, singing in choir. Our song will be "Gift Of Love" by a guy named Chris Christian. Our choir director cracked up at that name, lol.....  :)

Tomorrow afternoon I am gonna try to take Pearl and The Kobester to the Granada Hills Christmas Parade, weather permitting (and if Pearl isn't too tired). It's the parade we go to every year, and if we do go I will try to take some pics. So I'll be around in the morn for a little bit before church, and then probably later, after the parade, about 3 to 4ish.

I hope you had a good day, and that all projects and fun stuff is coming along well. And I hope they fix my FB soon.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment