Friday, December 11, 2015

Thanks, Orson (plus Shootin' & Singin')

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

So, how was Day Two of the tour? Are you having a blast? I hope so. I know you are getting good pix, as evidenced this morn by the shot of the guitarist from last night. Are ya shooting video as well? I will guess "yes". Also, I see that you will be back for the Fall ll Rise show on Saturday night, so you will be leaving the IP/VM tour after tomorrow night's show and heading back to Madison.

No news today on my part, though I did go to the final screening of the Orson Welles retrospective at CSUN. Welles only made 12 completed films (and had a ton of unfinished ones) so we finished up with another documentary about his life called "Orson Welles: One Man Band" by Oja Kodar, his companion for the last twenty years of his life. I went into this retrospective not knowing much about Welles other than "Citizen Kane" and "Magnificent Ambersons", and now I've gotta say he is one of my favorite filmmakers and all-around characters. An Artist of the first order not just for his films and other works, but for his Orson-ness.  :)  Loved this series, and we are on a roll recently, with Satyajit Ray last year, then Powell and Pressburger, then Ozu and now Welles. Man, that is some serious filmmaking right there, just one great movie after another........

Tomorrow should be a fairly easy day (though much cooler, the weather has changed), and then the weekend will be extra busy. Saturday I've gotta drive to Burbank to take my sister Sophie shopping, then back here by 3pm to rehearse at church with the SFV Master Chorale for the Sunday concert. Then at 6:30 I will be headed Downtown to see Hilary Hahn at Disney Hall. So, lots of back and forth on Saturday. Then Sunday, a ton of singing. First in the morning, at regular Mass and rehearsal. Then back to church at 3:30 for the concert. We in the choir will only be joining the SFVMC for three songs, but it's still gonna be a blast, singing with such a large and talented group, which I have never done before and could not have pictured myself doing a little over a year ago, before I was "encouraged" (read: coerced, lol) into the choir, and somewhat against my will, haha........  :)

But now?

Gotta sing.

So, that's the weekend. Then on Monday begins The Twelve Days Of Christmas. I mean, I don't know if it's the actual Twelve Days (which may extend after December 25, I'm not sure), but it begins the Twelve Days leading up to and including Christmas, so that's good enough for me. I love The Season.  :)

That's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby! Have fun on the road, and good shootin'!

I Love You and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment