Monday, December 7, 2015

Sunday Night Love

Hi, Elizabeth,

I'm just wondering how you're doing since I don't see any posts from you for several days now. I know it could just be because of my own messed up FB, but whatever the case, I hope all is well. You don't have to post just on account of me, and I imagine you have a lot going on anyway. Unless they fix - and permanently fix - my Facebook, we will have to figure a new method of communication, if you want to that is. Let's wait to see if they fix it......  :)

This was our third week in choir of practicing with the director of the SFV Master Chorale for our part in the Christmas concert they are giving next Sunday at the church. I think I finally have my part down. Boy is it hard, lol. I mean, it's really not that hard - once I get it memorised - but this is different to any part I have sung, because the tenor part is so counterintuitive to the melody. Your brain wants to sing the harmonies it understands, and these notes jump around to all sorts of places, to match up with different inversions of soprano/alto/tenor/bass. It's something you've really gotta get into your system to do it right. As you know, because you have done this type of singing yourself!  :)

The main thing is that, for me, it's a blast, and on some parts I can nail it and match up with the director, which feels good.

After choir we drove back to Pearl's to pick up The Kobester and then headed straight up to Granada Hills for the Christmas Parade, as you saw by my FB photos. It was a lot of fun as always, and especially to see all the Labradors from Guide Dogs Of America, which is Kobi's favorite part of the parade.......

It's a warm December thus far. Fingers crossed that it'll continue.

That's all for tonight. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment