Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Night Owl (astronomical)

Happy Super Late Night, my Darling,

Once again, because it is so late, I am gonna post this right now, and then come back and write. You are probably asleep already anyway, but just in case........(back in a few minutes)

Okay, now I am back. As you know, when I am off work I revert to being a night owl, and I was caught up in my Tom Van Flandern book, reading about the Exploded Planet Hypothesis which likely caused the asteroid belt and comets, and a lot of other stuff. It's a mind boggling book, and the going is slow because of astronomical technical jargon, and also because I have to keep stopping to Google stuff like the Spokane Flood Event, in which a massive amount of water was released in that area at the end of the Ice Age or perhaps earlier.

I am fascinated by Catastrophism, and the strong likelihood of the Biblical Flood being a reality, which would mean that a major event happened in the Solar System that affected all bodies including Earth. One of the reasons the rocks out at Chatsworth and in the Santa Susana mountains are so interesting to me is because they were formed underwater. The giant boulders are sandstone, i.e. made of sand, compressed under incredible conditions. So all this stuff blows my mind and I love to read about it, but I'm not one for conventional theories on many scientific subjects, as you know. Often, the conventional (meaning "accepted") explanation is the one that sounds far-fetched, in comparison with more recent, so called "alternative" theories that take a more comprehensive and deductive approach, leading to more obvious answers.

So now I am learning the difference between de-ductive and in-ductive reasoning, and stuff that a lot of people took in high school or college, haha. And I'm having fun.

It was a rainy day anyway, so no hike was to be had. I did sneak in a few miles on my regular walk route, during breaks in the clouds. Watched a classic old fashioned Christmas movie called "It Happened On 5th Avenue" that I got from the library. All the best Christmas movies, like this one, or "It's A Wonderful Life", or "Miracle On 34th Street" or "Holiday Inn", were all made in the 1940s......

I bet you were working on the Fall ll Rise video today. I know you are meticulous with your editing/synching process, and that you put in a lot of hours completing each video.

And also, Christmas is in three days! So everything is happening at once.  :)

Tomorrow is again a free day for me, so I will be up at around 10am (give or take) and then if the weather clears I may try again for a hiking and photographic destination. But I'll be around one way or another.

Sweet Dreams (you may already be having them) and I'll see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment