Monday, December 14, 2015

Singing With SFVMC (Day Two Of Musical Weekend)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a great homecoming show tonight at High Noon Saloon. Maybe a little celebration afterwards for a successful tour. Maybe you can report on it just a bit on FB. I am excited to see your pix, too, and would also love to know the overall sense of how it went, i.e. driving from gig to gig, just all the road life stuff. My FB is still without a ticker, and by now I don't hold much hope that they are gonna fix it, but I will hang in there anyways, and I look forward to anything you will post.

Today was almost all day at church, and it was a good thing The Kobedog started barking to be let outside at 8:30 this morn, or I'd have surely overslept and missed the morning service. Just tired from all the driving and running here to there and back again, but thank goodness he did bark, and so I woke up and we made it to church on time. Good singing and practicing afterwards, then a 90 minute break and it was time to get ready for the afternoon concert.

We were spectators for most of it. I was very impressed by the SFV Master Chorale. They sound like a group you would hear on the radio or a cd, trained voices all, and several that are operatic. I was looking up the credentials on a few of the singers, and it's all this university or that, degrees in voice, many performances with different groups. Wow. There was also a kid, a twelve year old Boy Soprano who was fantastic in "Ahmal and The Night Visitors". They must have got him from a children's music or talent school, but could he ever sing.

At the end, our choir joined with them to sing three carols, "Angels We Have Heard On High", "Joy To The World" and "Silent Night".

We are not in their league, but what's cool is that when you sing with a group like this, it helps your own voice to resonate. And we also had a conductor, so that was cool, too.

All in all, a great musical weekend for both of us.

What will come next? I don't know, but keep your expectations high and your options open.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment