Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Sky's The Limit

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Hey! That was a fantastic picture of you this morning, and somewhat of a surprise too. I say "somewhat" instead of A Total Surprise because I had seen the pic of you getting ready to fly when you were in Europe last year. But with that one, I just figured it was kind of a lark - maybe something you and your classmates were doing for fun on a day off. I did not know that flying was an ongoing interest of yours, and - wow!

Sometimes that's all you can say, as I've said before. :)

Have you always wanted to fly, or is it a recent thing? I remember being in first grade or thereabouts, and I grew up in the jet age, so when the teacher asked what everybody wanted to be, many of the little boys - myself included - said "jet pilot". And I have had a fascination with jets ever since.

But to actually do it, to actually fly, is something else. I think you just plain Have It In You.  :)

I have not flown much myself (as a passenger, naturally), just a few flights to San Francisco back in the 1970s, but I was in a Cessna one time in 1995 with my friend Dennis (he's on FB) and also the late, great Mr. D. I have to say, for me, it was not my favorite experience, because the pilot (a friend of Dennis') wanted to show us a "zero g" manouver. We agreed, not knowing exactly what it would be, but it entailed him shutting off the engine momentarily, while simultaneously swooping the plane downward. The guy actually had us unbuckle our seat belts beforehand, so we could see what zero gravity felt like. He claimed it was safe, and that he'd done it many times.............I remember floating out of my seat for a second or two........then he turned the engine back on and righted the ship.

Later on, I thought, "what the hell did I agree to that for"? But the rest of the flight was fun: we flew over Disneyland, and Dodger Stadium, over the ocean and the Valley.....

It felt a little weird, being in such a small craft, up in the air, but the flying itself was very smooth. I actually brought my Pentax ME Super on that flight, a film camera, and I got some sunset pictures that are very similar to one that you posted from your trip home from Europe, with the Sun almost a pinpoint, setting beneath a slight curvature of the Earth, which as you know is visible from that height.

Bottom Line : I am impressed, Elizabeth. You are a very talented lady, and adventurous as well. When I think about it, it makes sense - if I am gonna be up there, I would want me to be doing the flying. If you are the one doing it, then you are in control.

And soon you can fly yourself to gigs and shoots all over the country!

Remember a few years ago, when you couldn't get the car on a Friday night?

Things sure have changed....   :)

Well, that's all I know for tonight. I will see you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment