Thursday, December 3, 2015

Wednesday Night Love and Thoughts

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice day. I wasn't able to see any posts from you, except the Black Metal You which is a classic of course.  :) Are you still playing guitar? Maybe at least a little bit. I know you are so busy with everything else that is going on.

I sure hope FB is gonna fix my page, and I hope it will be permanent. It's the only means I have to communicate, by responding to your posts.........

Anyhow, it was a low key day for me. More violence, unfortunately. San Bernardino is about 85 miles from here. I think I've mentioned it before as a place we used to go to concerts in the mid-70s and early 80s. In those days it was kind of a backwoods place, run down. I actually got robbed there, by some gang bangers, with my friend Dennis after a Black Sabbath concert in 1975. It was never a place you would go to for any reason except to see a concert if it was the only place a band was playing.

And now today.

Being a student of history, and also philosophy and just life in general, I believe "this, too, shall pass". This era of random civilian violence. What disturbs me, somewhat, is hearing "experts" sounding off on how we've gotta get used to living this way. That is a bunch of baloney. There is a solution to every problem, including this one. I wish I were President so that I could solve it, because this is so different from the America I grew up in during the 60s and 70s.

It should never be something to get used to. Any "authority" espousing that view ought to be disregarded.

At any rate, all we can do is just keep doing what we do. I wasn't around during World War Two or the Civil War, but we made it through those things. I think 24/7 media is a big part of the problem. If nobody ever heard about these killers, or heard less about them and without the sensationalism, they might not "take the stage" so readily. They are "monkey-see, monkey-do" types, and they see these things happen on TV and it fuels them to do the same. Deranged psychology spreads in that way.

But love and good vibes will always be more powerful, and more lasting. That's the bottom line.

The amount of awesomeness in the world is overwhelming, a fact that is never reported on the news, except perhaps in small "feel good" doses. But we know it to be true to the fullest degree.

If Sofronitsky were here, he would just keep playing. I am listening to his CDs a lot this past week, and reading my Stephen King book, and taking the Kobester on nighttime catwalks.........

I Love You, Sweet Baby. I will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment