Thursday, December 24, 2015

Post First, Then Write (photo styles)

Happy Super Late Night, Sweet Baby,

In keeping with recent blogs, because of the hour I shall post first and write afterward. Back in a few minutes.....

Okay, I am back. My problem is that when I have time off, I'm like a kid in a candy store : I wanna try a little bit of everything. So, I wake up and wanna play guitar. Then I wanna walk down to the library to see what movies they've got. Then I wanna come back and read a chapter of one of my books, and after that it's about three o'clock and time for a hike. And when I get back from that, I've got all evening to do stuff, which means read from another book, watch a movie, go for my walk, play more guitar (actually some of my best guitar playing time is when I'm watching movies or shows on dvd)....

Yeah, I know I'm nuts. That's been established.

But that's why I turn into a Night Person, is because I want to cram as much activity into my day as possible. Today I did get a hike in, as you may have seen if you saw my pics on FB, from Limekiln Canyon. That's the one which is just down the road from Aliso Canyon. I don't visit Limekiln as often, because Aliso is more picturesque, but today I found a great spot where the light was coming through just right, and I got some good color pix.

You got another great live shot of Clint, this one an impromptu moment as you stated. It's an in-the-moment shot, and you want to get as many of those as you can, because they compliment and contrast the carefully composed shots like your close up pic of Betty Rise. Now, I am guessing that shot is from the video, and so it is purposely set up that way - lighting, composition and all. But even if it were a live concert shot, it would have been one you had to wait for.

You know what I mean, when you are pointing your cam at someone in the band (or maybe the whole stage) and you're waiting for a perfect moment........and then you snap it.

That's what I used to do, and in the days of film you kind of had to do it that way, because you had a limited amount of exposures. My picture of Todd Rundgren in mid-guitar solo is one such shot : me, pointing....pointing.....pointing the cam......waiting, framing.......and then snap it.

But the opposite kind of shot is when something just happens and so you snap spontaneously. That can also give shots an immediate feel. A photojournalistic feel. So you want to get a lot of those, too, like with your shot of Clint. He turned around; you took the pic with audience in background - it has an immediate feel.

Keep up the good work, in other words!  :)

What a year, I saw your post about having a million things to finish during the holiday season, meaning video and photos jobs in your case. Incredible how things have turned out, considering that a year ago you were just home from art school in Italy.

My goodness.  :)

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I will be up at around 10 as usual this week. Probably just gonna be around the pad for most of the morn and early afternoon, no excursions or hiking or anything, because I've gotta do some shopping and then at 6pm I am gonna go to the service at church with Pearl and her daughter. We won't be singing in the choir, but everyone in the choir is gonna be there, and there will be sing along carols. Then later, I will attend the 10:30pm Mass at Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Church one block up from my apartment. It was my Mom's church and I love their Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. It's very special and ceremonial, and they have a lot of singing too. :)

So, I'll be around for most of the day, and then back for late night, just in time to keep track of Santa Claus.

See you in the morning, Sweet Dreams until then!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment