Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Baby On Board + Totally Pro As Always + Top Of The Grotto + The Todd Concert Blew My Mind

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I see that tonight you were in Bloomington, Illinois, getting closer to home and back in Central Daylight Time, so not Super Late anymore (as if 2:30 in the morning isn't late enough, lol). I hope you and Dreamhouse had another great show tonight. I saw the short promo clip you did for them, and I have a question : did you create that while on the road? I ask because it looks like it has live footage. If you did that while traveling, and presumably while living in an RV, then that is pretty amazing, Elizabeth. I know you are a technical wizard, but still, to put out a vid - even a short clip - under road conditions is Totally Pro! And reliable, too. It shows once more that bands can rely on you in any situation.  :)

Now, besides that, I also saw your post of Derek's photo. That one is way too classic.  :) I certainly will obey the sign and won't leave my Baby unattended.  :)

I didn't post yesterday just because of the usual reasons : I didn't see any posts by you (and I know that FB cuts out stuff all the time) and on my end I had nothing to report, except good singing in church. But today I had a really good hike. I made it to the top of the Grotto Trail at O'Melveny Park, a super steep trail that is probably tied with the Chumash Trail in Simi Valley and the Castle Peak trail in El Escorpion Park for the steepest I've been on. The steep part of the Grotto isn't real long, just a couple hundred yards, but you've gotta be careful to not wind up on your rear end, especially coming back down. When I say I went to the top, I just mean the highest part, not the end, because it ends a lot further down, at Mission Point. It is yet another trail that is an access point to that peak. I hope to do the whole hike one day, but I will need a few hours. But just to make it up the Steep Part of the Grotto was really inspiring, even if it was only 90 degrees today, instead of 100........   ;)

I am still thinking how great that Todd Rundgren concert was. It came out of the blue, cause I only even found out about it the night before. If Grimsley hadn't called, I would not even have known he was playing. And to hear that many great songs, so well played, and to be standing so close.......and all for free.

What a blessing.

I see you've still got three shows left, so have a blast the rest of the way!

See you in the morning. I love you. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment