Monday, August 1, 2016

This Morning's Hymn + Rocket Ride Dislocation + You Guys Rule + The Soil

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you've had a good weekend. I am getting back into The Swing Of Things here, and this morning I was at church and singing with the choir. We sang an interesting and really beautiful hymn called "Living Water, Guiding Spirit" that incorporated an American Indian melody. One of my favorites thus far.  :)

The rest of the day was pretty much back to normal. Nothing much to report. I took the rental car back, which was easy because the Budget office is right across the street from me. But I'm still kind of blowing my mind in a good way about the past few days, because of the awesome time I had with my friends, and also because - literally having done almost no travelling in eons - I feel like I am in two places at once!

It's a really weird, but neat!, feeling. That drive up and back is such a rocket ride, and part of me is still in that car on that road, too. And in all the places I was in up North. I discovered that you can really pack a lot of stuff into a short visit - which we did - and you can create a memorable experience in the process.

So - next road trip coming up soon, probably to the Alabama Hills or maybe Death Valley (although some say that's a scary drive). Anyhow, whatever I do I will choose wisely and plan it out, and because my longer Summer breaks are over, my next trip will just be a One Day Affair, just "up-and-back" to somewhere cool, for the drive and to take some pictures.

I see from some of your recent posts that your friends are very active too, Sarah and Steve and others, on the move and involved with new projects and styles. I see that vehicles have been mentioned : a new van, a moped sold. The road seems to be a theme.  :)

I saw another post this afternoon with a photo of boxes of soil, via your FB friend who is a professor. That reminded me - and maybe it's why you posted - of my drive through Central California farm country and my mention of it in the last couple of blogs. Yep, a lasting memory from my trip will be the drive itself, and what I saw, and it really made an impression on me, SB. I could go on and on about it but I won't.

It just reminded me to never take things for granted, and with food it seems so easy to not think about where it comes from, because in America we are blessed with a multitude of stores and markets just overflowing with supplies, most of which have something to do with the soil and water, and sunshine.

And the hard work and dedication of the farmers and farm workers who grow it.

Well, that's all for today. It looks like you have more events coming up (Taste Of Madison, Sonic Boom), so the Summer Fun continues.

See you in the morning, SB.  I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment