Friday, August 5, 2016

New Alcest! + Shakespeare By The Sea + Branching Out

Hey Sweet Baby!,

Guess what I am doing as I am writing? That's right, I am listening to the brand new Alcest song "Oiseaux de Proie", which was just premiered from the upcoming new album. Wow! It sounds like older Alcest, and - this is happening right as I am typing - Neige is doing hardcore scream vocals, which he said he'd never do again. You may have already heard this song tonight, but if you haven't, just Google the song title and the link will pop up. It's really good!

That was a nice picture of you and John from this morning, from what looks like a hilltop near a lake. Are you guys working on new music, or a video? If so, I will look forward to it. Your last one, the Slowdive song, was excellent on all counts : the video, the music, and the feel (imagery, etc.)

Tonight I went to Warner Park in Woodland Hills for Shakespeare By The Sea. Yippee, cause I love those guys. They are called SBTS because their home base is in San Pedro, which is 60 miles south of here, and is next to the Pacific Ocean. Anyhow, as you know I have been attending their shows since 2014, and tonight was my first for this Summer. The play was "Cymbeline", which I had heard of but knew nothing about. It's not one of the well known Shakespeare plays, but after seeing it, I think it is one of my favorites that I've seen so far. It had such a great plot, and the actors in that troupe play their roles with real spirit. Many of the same actors and actresses are there from last year, and it's been a real Summer treat for me ever since I discovered them two years ago. Now I am Hooked On Shakespeare, and I will be seeing SBTS again on Saturday night in Encino (yet another Valley town) at a place called Los Encinos, which is a park that is the home of one of the oldest Adobe buildings in Los Angeles. So, a great setting for Shakespeare, and I have seen them there in 2014 and last year too.

I see you have a concert in Pennsylvania coming up in a couple weeks. I'm gonna guess it's for a shoot? A professional job, because that would be a long ways to travel just for a "fan" show. But either way, it's awesome! If it's a Pro Job, then you are now venturing outside your region, as predicted. Remember? First we figured you would take over your city and area, and then you would branch out. So maybe this is the first branch?  :)

Well, that's all for tonight, SB! Check out the Alcest if you haven't already......

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment