Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hurts Donut + 1989 "Ex Neighbors" Part 3

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope your day was good and your week off to a great start. Today I did see some of your posts, and because most of 'em had to do with bands, I am guessing you are working on projects. One post was via Megatone (for Tristan's band), so maybe you were even at the studio. You probably haven't been there in a while! :) Another music post showed a female lead singer I haven't seen before, so maybe a new client too?

It's all good any way you look at it, and you've pretty much been working steady all year.

That's awesome.  :)

The only other post I saw was Sarah's post for Hurts Donut.......

Okay, SB......only you guys would have such a place, lol. I mean, when I saw it I immediately pictured a donut shop run by nine year olds, but with a line of customers of all ages. And when a customer gets to the counter to place his order, he inevitably winds up getting punched in the shoulder by one of the kiddie proprieters, who simultaneously proclaims The Slogan........(do I have to say it?).......(of course I do) :

"Hurts, don' it"?  :)

As an aside, I have to briefly state my sense of wonder at the staying power of Kid Jokes. I have considered this off and on over the years, and it seems to me that kids are the only ones who tell Kid Jokes. We all know the classic ones, and they remain (mostly) the same, year after year. So it's kind of far out, because it's an example of Kid Culture, perpetuated entirely by children to other children. And it has staying power, as evidenced by Hurts Donut, now an established business, haha.......

Yeah.......kids know stuff that's entirely their own. And they pass it on down through the years.  :)

No big news for today (nor yesterday), but I did do an Aliso hike today in 103 degree heat, so that was awesome, and tonight I watched an episode of "One Step Beyond" about a girl who could start fires with her mind, or more specifically her emotions. Fires started when she was upset. All the phenomena on that show, and the particular cases from which each episode derives, are supposed to be true. I don't doubt it.

Well, I am tired tonight, but I will continue with a little bit of the "Ex-Neighbors" story, just because I need to continue it and also because I didn't write last night. As always, just disregard if it's too weird or in any way unpleasant......

I don't wanna dwell on the Attack itself, as I've said before. Basically, Ray assaulted my Dad, and my Mom (a little bit), and while he did not beat them up, what he did do certainly would have gotten him arrested under ordinary circumstances.

But my question has always been : Why?

Why would Ray Tippo be there? In the middle of a set of circumstances that, up to that point, had revolved around a seeming revenge against me? As noted before, at that point I had not seen Ray in at least 15 years.

And as far as I knew then, or now, Ray Tippo had never met my Dad in the entire time he lived on Rathburn Street.

But maybe I didn't know everything. Maybe things happened in that neighborhood that I didn't know about.

Before I get into the logistics of Ray Tippo's appearance, I need to mention what happened while he was assaulting my parents on the front lawn of 9032 Rathburn.

A car drove up, and another man got out. His name was Eugene Carpenter, and he had also been our neighbor on Rathburn Avenue in the 1970s. Likewise, as with Ray Tippo, I had not seen Gene Carpenter since about 1976 or so, 1978 at the latest. So we are talking at least a decade I had not seen this man. Gene Carpenter, like Ray Tippo (and later Jared Rappaport), had been a CSUN professor. Also like Ray (and Jared), he had an Angry Streak running underneath his middle-class facade. When I was a kid, he accused me of being a "mastermind" behind a minor shoplifting ring (yo-yos and felt pens and stuff like that), that me and a couple friends had engaged in when we were twelve. Gene had two small daughters who weren't even involved, but somehow he knew about it, and he confronted me as if I'd done something to him or his family, even though I was 12. I was scared of him after that, at least a little bit, and like Ray Tippo, kids just knew which adults to give a wide berth to.

Gene Carpenter, CSUN professor in the history department, always seemed outwardly friendly, but in his eyes you could see his friendliness was forced. This was a grown (and very tall) man who had confronted a 12 year old kid (me) about stealing felt pens from a grocery store, and a set of incidents that had nothing to do with him or his family, and he confronted me when I was alone, on the sidewalk, away from any other adults including my parents.

All of this happened in 1972, a full 17 years before he got out of a car at 9032 - entirely out of the blue - and joined in Ray Tippo's assault of my parents, which happened during the 12 Day Experience that I call "What Happened In Northridge".

I have wanted to get into the logistics of this event, and I am sorry to say I don't have much to go by, and tonight I am tired. But for now I will just list what we have as a means to categorise evidence.

We have (at the time) two CSUN professors, both of whom had lived no more than several houses down on Rathburn Avenue from 9032 during the early to mid-1970s, when my family lived there too. In Eugene Carpenter's case, there is no other connection, other than that he would "pretend to be friendly" with us kids when he saw us in the neighborhood (though you could tell by his eyes...). Also, there is the incident I described, when he confronted me, while I was alone, over stealing felt pens.

In Ray Tippo's case, my only connection to him whatsoever was that I was his daughter's 12 year old "boyfriend" for one Summer, also in 1972. Other than that, I saw him even less than Gene Carpenter. We kids rarely saw Ray anyhow, and when we did we just walked past and said nothing, because he was Plenty Scary Looking as described previously. I probably said "hi" once or twice in the four years they lived across from us. That's all.

So what we have here, is two former neighbors, both who were or had been CSUN professors (like Jared Rappaport, who didn't move to the neighborhood until 1988), but who had moved away from Rathburn Avenue in the late 1970s, at a minimum 13 years before September 1989, when both men appeared out of the blue to assault not me.......but my parents.

Besides the aforementioned common traits (CSUN professors, ex-neighbors who had moved away roughly at the same time), we have the fact that they both arrived at 9032 to commence their assault at nearly the same time.

So their attack was coordinated.

And as we shall see, they were not alone, for another person was to arrive later on for a separate assault...this time on me.

And the whole thing was timed. Timed and planned. ////

That's all for tonight, SB. See you in the morn. Post if you can.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment