Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Kobester Got Groomed + "Quatermass And The Pit" (BBC Version)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Not much to report today, just a low-key Monday with things getting back to normal. The Kobester went to the groomer while I was gone, his first time getting groomed since January. Back then, he had a seizure just a few hours after being groomed, and whether it was connected to that or not, we were scared to take him back to the groomer ever since. In the interim, his fur got very long and had become matted in places. Also, Bischons have a problem with discharge from the eyes, which is very hard to control when the fur around the eyes has thickened. So in addition to the long fur, his eyes were getting goopy, too.

So before I left, we made the mutual decision that he should get groomed, and a new one was found in a fortuitous place : in a house just two doors down from the famous Northridge house that I lived in for 25 years, which is just up the same street about four doors from where the people I went to visit used to live.  Pretty neat, eh?

So the 'Ster got groomed right there in 'Hood Central, the Hood Of Hoods where I lived almost half my life, so he was surrounded by good vibes. Now, he didn't actually get groomed, per se, but shaved. She said she had to shave him completely because of the matted fur and goopy eyes. So now he looks like an entirely different dog, a different creature really - just pink and skinny with no fur, a little frail looking, but he will soon be macho again. His fur will grow back quickly, and he still has his Big Dog Bark.

Kobi is 16 and a half now. I just love that guy.  :)

Tonight I watched a film, or part of a film actually, and to be more specific it was really the first two episodes of a British TV serial from 1957 called "Quatermass And The Pit". It's the original version of the more famous Hollywood movie of the same name, which came out in 1967 and which you have probably heard me mention before when I have written about The Scariest Movies Ever Made. The 1967 theater version is all-time Top Ten Scary, and this made-for-BBC version is very good itself. It is twice as long, six episodes of 35 minutes each, or three and a half hours, so they can get into the story (based on a book) in quite a bit more detail. Tonight I watched the first two episodes, and it looks very creepy in it's own way, in black and white rather than color (as in the movie), so I am really enjoying it so far.  :)

Other than that, I just read my books and did my walk, passing the Pokemon Hunters at CSUN.

I didn't see any new posts today, but I know you are certainly working on something, and having fun doing it.

Which is awesome......  :)

I will see you in the morning. I love you.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment