Sunday, August 7, 2016

"Othello" at Los Encinos

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Tonight was another evening of Shakespeare By The Sea, this time at Los Encinos Park, where I saw my first SBTS play in 2014. I saw them there last year too, twice, and it's the perfect outdoor setting for Shakespeare. The play tonight was "Othello", one of his most famous plays. I think a lot of folks have some idea of the plot, even if they've never seen it. I saw the Orson Welles movie version of it last Fall at CSUN, so I knew what was coming.

It's a play about treachery and false loyalty, personified by the diabolical Iago. I saw the actor portraying him in last year's "The Tempest", and he is just fantastic. Many actors are back from previous years, as I mentioned before, and it's fun to get a feel for The Troupe as a team, with many of the same people year after year. I just can't say enough good things about SBTS, and it seems the audience agrees. The park was almost filled this time, probably a couple hundred more people than last year, which means the word is getting around. I have now seen five Shakespeare plays, all by SBTS : "Hamlet" (2014), "The Tempest" and "As You Like It" (2015), and "Cymbaline" and "Othello" this year. He wrote 37 in all (or 38 or 40, according to other sources), and I have to see them all because I'm hooked!  :)

It'll probably take me a while. But I bet I can get to 15 of 'em within the next 5 years.....

In one of my future lives, if I am born more extroverted, I will be a Shakespearean myself.

Well anyhow, that was my main activity for the day other than shopping. Starting next week, Monday or Wednesday, I will resume hiking and taking pictures.

I saw your post about Sarah's electronic album, and video, which I am wondering if you did. I suppose you probably would have mentioned it, but I will wait and see. Good on both you guys, anyway.  :)

The Def Leppard post I didn't get, haha, and I'm not sure I should try to...  :)

But I did like your other post about James' brother getting married.

I'm all for weddings.  :):)

That's all for tonight, Sweet Baby. Tomorrow morning is of course church and choir. Usual Sunday times apply.

I love you.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment