Saturday, August 13, 2016

Detroit Rock City (great pic!) + Akron + Short Hike + 1989 Timeline Confusion

Happy Super Late Night, my Darling,

Another great photo you posted this morning from the Detroit show! You are getting some great action shots lately, and a great angle of the stage as usual. Your photos capture the live feel of the concerts, and from what I can see, the various bands you've photographed are loving your work. I think you were in Battle Creek tonight, is that correct? If so, I hope you not only had a great show, but that you also ate some Corn Flakes for breakfast in honor of Kellogg's Cereal. They put Battle Creek on the map, and every kid from my era knows the city because of the cereal. :)

I see that tomorrow you will be in Akron. Now you are getting close to Home Territory; my Mom grew up partially in Massillon and also in Canton, which are both about 35 miles down the road. As I've mentioned before, I'm an Honorary Midwesterner, since my parents were from Ohio and Indiana. I assume once again that you will be driving in the morning, so have a great trip.

I finally went on a short hike (most hikes being short nowdays) at O'Melveny, and it felt good to get back out there after not hiking for about three weeks. One thing for sure, you can get out of "hiking shape" fast. Not that you can't do it, or that you get wiped out, but you sure notice a difference on steep climbs, and O'Melveny has some very steep ones. But, just as you can get "out" of hiking shape very fast, so can you get "back into" hiking shape very fast, if you've been doing it regularly for a few years as I have. So I will try for another hike Monday.

No movie tonight, but I did watch an episode of "One Step Beyond" about a man and his daughter who move into a haunted house. The ghosts in this one, however, are friendly, and they help repair the relationship between the two, which had been shaken by tragedy. Man, what a great show this is. I say that every time, I know, but it's so good, and yet it's so unknown. So I have to hype it!

My 1989 Tidbit deals with confusion, the confusion I've had for years over what must have happened in the "downtime". I have been able to reconstruct what is probably a fairly accurate time frame of what I believe to be 12 days, from September 1 through 12, 1989. Some things I can account for 100%, like the first 24 hours or so. I know I was driven home from Concord Square in the late morning or early afternoon of September 2, and I can account for most of that first 24 hour time period. Then, I have always assumed - assumed but not known for certain - that I was still at home on the night of September 2. I would have been home since that afternoon, and I believe I was home alone. And that would have been when Jared Rappaport came to my front door, at 9032 Rathburn Avenue. I remember my encounter with him at the door pretty clearly. As an aside, I have always wondered if his appearance was pre-planned or was some kind of set-up. First of all, there was the factor - mentioned previously - of the improbable circumstance of a career college professor with a family seemingly willing to risk everything - his life, basically - for what he was about to do, which was to commit a kidnapping, a crime not far removed from murder. Why would a sane man risk such a thing for so trivial a reason, I have always wondered. But more than that, how could he just appear at my door? My parents could have been there, or my brother, or maybe a bunch of my friends. My house was a hangout, and this would have been a Saturday night.

So how did Jared Rappaport know I was home alone? Did he know it?

I think he did. I think it was a set-up of some kind, possibly even an experiment (but only possibly). Because what happened inside his house was no experiment, no "trial run". It was The Real Deal, the most terrifying night of my life. But still, he was willing to risk everything to kidnap me, unless he knew he wouldn't be prosecuted, and in truth it's even more complicated than that.

But the point is that I can account for more of the Time Frame, because I know for certain most of the events that took place inside Jared Rappaport's house, which was located right behind mine, at 9033 Etiwanda Avenue. I was inside his house for approximately 24 hours, and if indeed he kidnapped me on the night of September 2 1989 (which I am not 100% certain of but which makes logical sense in the overall Timeline), then I was rescued and out of his house sometime during the late evening of Sunday September 3, 1989. At which point I was taken away in a helicopter, no joke, witnesses in the street were present.

I was taken to a military base.

And I can "sort of" account for some of my time there, which I estimate at no more than another 24 hours.

That would, if all events and time frames are accurate, and I know for certain that some of them are, take me to the date of Monday September 4, likely sometime in the afternoon.

I was at a military base, most likely Edwards North Base, and you just have to trust me on that one.

So, in getting back to my original theme of "confusion" for this Tidbit, while I am able to a fair degree to reconstruct the timeframe of September 1 through September 4, my confusion stems from the fact that I do not know how I got home from that military base. I have no memory of being transported, though I certainly had to have been taken back home, because another 8 days of events were to ensue.

So that is one of the memories I have worked on over the years, is how I got back home after being at Edwards.

And why they would just take me back home and leave me there, after all I had experienced thus far.

But as I have said, in my opinion this was The Weirdest Thing That Ever Happened, and I think that has been borne out by the fact that, 27 years later, no one has even acknowledged it but me, even though everyone knows it happened./////

That's all for tonight, SB. See you in the morn.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment