Friday, August 26, 2016

Good Tour + "Border Incident"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope the rest of the tour went well for you guys. It looks like they dropped you off before the final show tomorrow night, but you were there for the bulk of it, and I'm sure it was quite an experience. Now that you're back home, you can switch to 24 hour editing mode - :) - as you go through all the footage you shot.

This tour will lead to others (and maybe already has), and it's like anything in showbiz, once you get on a hot streak, the work keeps coming.

No news from me, but I did watch a movie tonight : "Border Incident" from 1949 with Ricardo Montalban and directed by the great Anthony Mann. It was the story of a smuggling ring who take Mexican farmworkers over the border into California, and a team of Mexican and American Federal agents who are out to stop them. It plays like a Noir crime film, and because it is directed by Mann it naturally features some great black and white photography, mostly shot to resemble nighttime in "day-for-night" mode (in the days when it was easier and cheaper to put a dark filter over the lens during daylight so it would look like "night").

Well, that's all I know for tonight. Starting tomorrow night I will be off until Sunday morning. I am gonna keep working on my analysis of 1989, in the mode of looking over the "technical" questions I have (i.e. "how and why did such and such happen"), and maybe next I will consider an incident that, to this day, I have been absolutely unable to fathom, let alone understand. I call it "The Attack Of The Ex-Neighbors", and to me it is the most inexplicable event of any that happened in the overall experience.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment