Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Journey Concert + "10 Cloverfield" + 1989 And The Nondisclosure Form

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a blast at the Journey concert! I know you've mentioned that song ("Separate Ways") a few times before, and it is an all-time "raise your lighters in the air" concert anthem, but I did not know that the video was also your favorite until today. They do it kind of tongue-in-cheek, especially Steve Perry. Boy could he ever belt it out. I was not a big fan at the time because I was in my late teens and early twenties when they had all those mega hits, and I was strictly into macho heavy metal, Judas Priest et al, and I had to protect my image, lol. But over the years, I've had to admit to liking many of the Journey hits, and also a lot of 80's radio music that I heard a lot back then but would not have liked at the time. Music in the 80s had Big Booming Production, with lots of keyboards and big drum sound. And vocals. You had to be able to Belt It Out. My main bands in the 80s were Rush (of course), Van Halen, Judas Priest, Rainbow, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Celtic Frost and a bunch of others to a lesser extent. I didn't listen to much progressive rock at that time, it was All Metal or Hard Rock, but the music was great then, and in retrospect even some of the radio hits that I did not like at the time sound good today, with that slick production.

I am glad you like music from that time, and if you like Journey, keep listening. It was a great era. :)

Today was a typical Tuesday, taking Pearl to Golden Agers. Tonight I did watch a movie, however, and it was a fairly good one : "10 Cloverfield Lane". You could call it a sci-fi film but it's more of a thriller, I think. I suppose it's based on the original "Cloverfield" movie from several years ago. That movie was big time scary. This one is more........weird. It's a creepy little weird movie, a little different in that it's focus in not on the sci-fi aspects as much as the human aspects. Without giving anything away, I do think it dragged a bit in the first hour. They spent too much time on the John Goodman aspect, and overdeveloped it to the point where you are going, "C'mon, I get it already". But then in the last 45 minutes or so, things get moving. The actors save the movie and make it into a fairly good one (7/10), and the weirdness at the end gives it some originality. Certainly worth a view on dvd, but only if horror or sci-fi is your thing.

I finished "Others Unknown" by Stephen Jones (the OKC book), which besides being an eye-opener into that case, also provides the reader with first hand accounting of how the Justice Department, which includes the FBI, operates. They are aggressive, secretive and arrogant. That was my experience. Say what you will about LAPD, with whom I also have experience - and they are forceful too, they project what is called "command presence" - but at least they are polite and explain things to you. The men from the FBI (or whatever agency they were from, because I don't remember them identifying themselves) just acted like they owned the world. And I am referring to the morning of September 2, 1989, at the Concord Square apartment building.

So here is my 1989 Tidbit for the night. When I write these "tidbits", I am directing them mostly at myself, to help me to continue to remember, so that I might develop any new information that has been dormant in my memory. I write to myself, but you are reading too, and because you are reading out of context (perhaps not knowing the full story, which is ultra lengthy), I don't want you to get confused by it. So, just take these individual details, i.e. tidbits, for what they are, just bits of information.

Anyhow, after waking up in the empty apartment (which I had been placed in for safe keeping) on the morning of September 2, I was told, by the apartment manager, that I could not go home - leave the premises - until I had spoken to these men who wanted to talk to me. I was wiped out from the night before, but I figured I'd better do what they wanted, so we sat at a metal table by the pool, and they placed that nondisclosure form in front of me that I described and posted last night.

My question then, is this : why the nondisclosure form? Those forms are very serious business. What could I have possibly seen or been privvy to the night before that the government did not want me to talk about?

A domestic dispute? A confrontation at the hospital over an apparent drug deal? 

Neither of those situations makes any sense whatsoever. Those are local police department situations.

We did see a helicopter land in the intersection of Roscoe and Reseda during the ride between my house and the hospital. But other drivers could have seen that, too. That is not cause for the extreme measure of a nondisclosure form.

The men at the table by the pool at Concord Square never told me exactly why they wanted me to sign that form. It was a nondisclosure form. What did they want me not to disclose?

I know that later in the twelve day experience, there was a lot of things I saw that the government would not have wanted me to disclose (which I did anyway on Myspace), but on that first night, only they know for sure what it was I could have seen that would have prompted them to not only respond so quickly and with such fierceness, but to shove that form in front of me while I was sitting at that table in a debilitated condition.

What did we see that first night, the night of September 1st, that was so extraordinary?

So extraordinary that it could not be disclosed?

I'm not 100% sure, but in my book I always thought it was something we saw in the parking lot at the hospital..........

Well, that's all for tonight, SB. Yeah, it's weird I know.

I Love You. See you in the morning.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment