Thursday, May 5, 2016

Good Photographic Match Up + Moebius & Roedelius + Sentra + Ordo Theologia

Good Evening, my Darling,

Happy Late Night. I am hangin' with The Kobedog, who decided to stay up late when he saw that I was having some leftover pot roast for a snack. :)

I hope you had a nice day. That was an interesting picture you posted this morning. At first glance I just thought it was one guy, and that you had spliced together two different chromatic images of both sides of his face. I think the main reason I assumed this was because the haircut and hairline matches up perfectly. And the beard almost matches, too (those guys must go to the same barber!). It took a couple of seconds, but then I noticed the eyes, and that's when I knew it was two guys. To paraphrase Johnny Carson, that is some weird, wild stuff, Sweet Baby! Moebius and Roedelius should have had such a promo photo.....

They were an early electronica duo, before there was a name for it. Back then, all German experimental bands, of any style, were lumped into one catagory : "Krautrock". For real! (it wasn't derogatory, though). Moebius and Roedelius had a band called Cluster, and I had one of their albums, "Zuckerzeit", which came out in 1974 and is now considered a classic. Wish I still had the vinyl...

Kraftwerk were the main pioneers for making electronic music popular. "Autobahn" is an all-time classic, and I actually got to see them live at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in 1975.

So yeah - your photo depicts a kind of "mind-meld" of the electronica duo ethos. Good work!  :)

As you may have seen, my car passed the smog test today, so you know I am both very happy and very relieved. Smog Test Stress is up there with the big stressors of life, lol, but somehow my little ol' Nissan Sentra keeps on passing, every two years since 2004, when I first got it. I have had only two cars since 1999, and both have been Nissan Sentras. My first was a 1989 model, which ran like a top until it was totaled by a senior citizen who ran head-on into Mom and I as we sat at a stop light in September 2004. Luckily for us he was only going about 15 or 20 miles an hour. He had become dizzy in the Summer heat and had drifted over the yellow line, and he ran smack into us, nose to nose. No one was hurt but my Sentra, which was smashed beyond repair. But I thought, "I want another one of those". I have never had the dough for a new car, and in L.A. it kind of doesn't matter because as long as you have "a car", you are stylin'. So my first Sentra was a 1989, and in November 2004 (two months after the accident), I found a 1990 Sentra for sale at a dealer. He told me "you are gonna get a lot of miles out of that car", and he was right. 12 years later, I'm still driving it, and I've had mechanics tell me that 1989 and 1990 were the two best years for that model.

You absolutely can't go wrong with Japanese cars, and in my experience - Nissan. As long as you maintain 'em, they will keep on driving.

I am reading my books and trying to understand the Ordo Theologia, "Person, Operations, Essence".

I am not sure how Operations - i.e. Works : as in creation of the Universe - can come before Essence ( the nature of God as "Person"). I would think one's nature or essense would produce the Operations/Works, but that's not how the early Christian philosophers figured it.

Those guys were some serious hair splitters, though I'm sure for good reason.

That's all for tonight, Sweet Baby. I Love You and will see you in the morning. Keep up the good work, as always. 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment