Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Late Night Love + Cobain

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Tonight's song on FB is in honor of your post (via Sarah) about Gummi Worms, haha. I was born a tad too early to have developed a Gummi addiction, but I can just substitute Jujubees or Dots, or especially Red Hots! I used to pound boxes of those. It's a wonder I have any teeth left.....  :)

But in life, ya gotta have yer candy. That has actually been proven as a scientific fact. I don't know if you were aware of that or not. The only thing still in dispute is what the daily intake should be, but scientists have received major grants for further studies.

Yeah, I'm aware I'm a Knucklehead.  :) But the above is true nonetheless.

You had another post about upcoming shows in Madison, bands that are gonna play there. I say : Go To A Ton Of Shows! You are already the go-to photog for local bands, and now in your second professional year you can really establish yourself. You have an identifiable style, and all you need to do is just keep shooting as much as you can. I hope you are gonna go to the King's X show in June. I believe it's at High Noon Saloon, and I know one of your bands is opening. As I've said, you may or may not like the music, but those guys are legendary and it would be super cool if you got some shots.....  

Tonight's movie was the first half of "Montage Of Heck", last year's acclaimed documentary of the life of Kurt Cobain. I was not a huge fan of Nirvana, but neither did I dislike them. For me, I only knew the songs on the radio, and those songs all kicked ass, but in a raw way that did not draw me in far enough to purchase the albums. Cobain had musical talent, though, both as a songwriter and as a guitarist (however primitive, he sounded like himself), and beyond that, he had Star Quality, at least for the time he came into the music world. So, even though I was not a mega fan of the band, I always followed Kurt as a person, in the news and interviews he did.

He was a born artist, as the documentary makes clear. Much of the footage is of home movies made of him as a child, continuing up to footage shot at local shows before Nirvana became big. So far, the film is okay but not great, which is why I didn't watch it all the way through. I will finish it tomorrow.

I hope you had an awesome day and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment