Saturday, May 28, 2016

"When The Sun Hits" + 8 MIle + "Man On Wire" + Love

Happy Super Late Night, my Darling,

I am writing from home, so you know that means I become an Instant Night Owl, which I pretty much am already but at home even more so. I hope your holiday weekend is off to a good start. I did see two of your posts :  the one for local bands to send music to WJJO. I don't know if you are planning on sending anything yourself, but I hope you are still working on your music in addition to your photography and cinematography. I mean, I'm sure you are, and I know there's only so much time for each endeavor, but keep playing and writing!

Also, I have to say that I watched "When The Sun Hits" the other day, your version of course, and I thought it was great when I first saw it last year, but now that it's had a chance to sink in, I think it's one of the best things you've ever done in all respects. As a pure music video (music, performance, sound quality and visuals, and overall "tone" or mood) I think you guys knocked it out of the park. The music goes exactly with the editing, and with your choice of each image and subject in each edit, you set a flow and a feel that goes so well with your version of that song. Really high level stuff, SB.  :)

This afternoon, I went to Santa Su for my Friday trip up The Slide. Because it is a night off, I tried to Do A Ton Of Stuff, which for me means Just Doing More Of The Stuff I Already Do, so later this eve I also did my full CSUN walk too. 8 miles for the day.

I watched a documentary called "Man On Wire", which is once again the story of Phillipe Petit, the Twin Tower Wire Walker. Because it is the actual story, and because the man himself is featured, I would say it is superior to "The Walk", which I mentioned a few days ago. "The Walk", once it gets going, it great because it plays with all the tension and excitement of a formal dramatic movie. "Man On Wire" is half composed of interview footage, and so much of the story is "told" rather than acted out, but because Petit and his cohorts tell it so well, you still feel the excitement and the same sense of amazement. I think what he did is one of the great feats of human conciousness that I've ever heard of. He completely overcame the physical world.

If I had to recommend one picture to see, I'd say "Man On Wire" just because it's the real guys. But "The Walk" is good as well, even though by seeing the documentary I discover that a few characters in "The Walk" are composits, and one lead character may not exist and may have been a dramatic creation. This guy Petit is my new hero, though, and in real life he is quite a character.

The other post I saw was via Steve, and not having to work for 30 days, which must mean TFC is going on tour. Are you gonna go with 'em? I hope you get to, if you wanna!  :)

That's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby.

I Love You and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment