Thursday, May 19, 2016

Road Trip? + Sarah + Kobedog + Sofronitsky

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I liked your picture this morning. That is a spectacular waterfall and you got some really nice textures and blended tones in the motion of the rushing water. I Googled Gabbro Falls just to see where it is, and I see you are way up in Michigan, so you are road trippin'.  :) Maybe it is all part of the same trip that included your shot from Wyasuling State Park? I know that's a lot of distance between the two places, but I know you guys have done road trips involving parks before, and at this time of year. So if you are on a road trip, keep going!

And have a blast.  :)

The only other post I saw was for Sarah's inclusion in the Guitar World article of 15 Great 7 & 8 String Guitarists. That is super cool. Guitar World is a major publication, as you know, so good for her. The song they posted for The Fine Constant was very nice & had a lot of melody. I don't know if you guys were working on a video together recently, but that would be great if you were.  :)

Nothing major to report here, just a full length hike at Aliso this afternoon. I am probably doing more hikes than ever before, month in and month out, but I am not doing as many locations as I did in 2014, when I was discovering all these places, because now I've gotta do "quickie hikes", so I go to the closest locations. But I am going all the time, every week, and it's great to be on the trails.

Wait a minute.......Kobedoggie is barking from Pearl's room. He knows I'm awake and he wants out, probably in the hope of getting some chips, which he now expects every night. Tonight I thought he was asleep! But now I'd better go let him out of Pearl's room, or he'll keep barking and wake her up. Back in a sec......

Okay I'm back. Yeah, he wanted to hang out with me, and he may indeed get a chip or two, but he's gonna have to wait. Don't give him any chips on your end, and in fact don't even let him know you are reading this, or he'll hound you too.....

I ordered three more Vladamir Sofronitsky cds from a Russian label called Vista Vera. I have been listening to him on the two cds I already have, on the Denon label (Japan), and I listen when I read or draw, and I am thinking that he's gotta be the greatest pianist of all time, and by that I mean the most transcendent. There is something about his playing that just takes you away. For some reason, his cds are not easy to find, and you've gotta search for affordable copies, but I am glad I found the Vista Vera site. I also ordered the other three books in Dr. Farrell's "God, History & Dialectic" series, as they are all meant to be part of a whole, 1200 pages in all. It's some of the most fascinating stuff I've ever read.

Well, that's all for tonight. Post some more pics if you feel like it. Hope you are having a great road trip!

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment