Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Kobi + Echo Chamber = Big Time Barkery + Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas + P.S.

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I'm here with The Kobedog, my new nighttime sidekick. He's been hangin' out late in hope of treats, because I gave him some chips a few nights running, so his doggie brain is now programmed to expect it. But I've gotta wean him off the chips because he is getting fat. But meanwhile, I should start a late night Talk Show, with me as the host and The Kobester as my Ed McMahon. Our first guest will be The Black Kitty. We can ask her about her proclivity for tormenting lizards she finds in the back yard.......  :)

Kobi's new thing is to bark in the laundry room, and I'll explain. The laundry room here at Pearl's is a converted garage that was turned into a large room back in the 60s. My Dad did that at our house, too, which was just around the corner from Pearl's when we lived in Reseda (till 1968). Converting the garage into a room gave the small houses added interior space. At our house, my Dad made the newly converted room into his home office. At Pearl's, they made it a den. Anyway, last Summer, me and Pearl's daughter cleared the room of all furniture and everything else that was in it, so that the room could be remodeled and tiled. It has not been refurnished yet, and is empty except for the washer and dryer, and all the surfaces are hard - no carpet or drapes to absorb sound. Thus, the large empty room is something of an echo chamber.

And The Kobester has discovered this fact. We keep his doggie kibble in there, and he gets excited at mealtime, so lately, when I am in that room putting some kibble in his bowl, he starts barking. And because he's doing it in the Big Empty Hard Surface Room, it's like he's barking in an Echo Chamber through a P.A. System. It's loud and full of reverb, and he takes notice of this effect, and it makes him feel powerful. So he continues barking - one single bark at a time - to make the most of the room's acoustics. There is no doubt he is aware of the sound, and it's a riot I think, so I let him do it for a minute or two while I am preparing his dog food.

He's now 16 1/2 years old, and I figure that I want him to have as much fun as he can for as long as he can, and overall he is doing pretty well, though he can't see where he's going sometimes, which causes him to bump into things, and he walks with some hesitation and a limp. Today, though, I took Pearl to see her foot doctor, and Kobi went on his L.A. River walk like he always does when we go there.

I love the guy. He has a PhD in Goodboyism, as I believe I've mentioned before (and has taught classes in the subject to other dogs as a career sideline)......

I saw your post earlier, via Sarah, a "summary of current affairs", and so I assume you are working on tons of half-finished things or something along those lines, and that you are also still pounding bags of Gummi Worms like they are going out of style.......  :)

I am still reading about - and trying to figure out - the Ordo Theologia - "persons, operations, essence".

The hair-splitting of logic, belief and philosophy (i.e. pondering) was over the top back then, in the 15th and 16th centuries. But the agility of the mind was at a top level. 

One of my future projects is to read the entirety of the Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas. I've browsed it before, and the exactitude of thought is at a level that takes a lot of concentration to comprehend.

They had no electronic or other modern technology as we know it back then, though they did have mechanical technology and sophisticated science, but what they did have was a level of thinking and reasoning, that probably surpasses what we have today.

That's all for tonight. See you in the morn, Sweet Baby.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

P.S. I just now see your post of the Mastodon drawing, so if you are drawing too, then that is awesome. I will have to start a new one too (in my abstract way of drawing) because I am trying to do twelve for the year - one per month, and I am on schedule so far with four completed.......

Keep going with everything you are doing.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment