Saturday, May 21, 2016

Seeing More Posts + Whitney Canyon + Leave That Lizard Alone! (doggone Kitty) + Secret Agent Man

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice Friday, and maybe tonight or this weekend some shows to attend and bands to photograph. I know you have a few things coming up but I don't remember the dates. One good thing to mention on FB : they added a cool filter to the "posts You like" feature. Starting a few days ago, as I mentioned, that feature now returns a ton of stuff, and you can now filter it by year, among other things. So if I click the 2016 box, I only get posts from this year, which makes it easier to find the newest ones. And it is showing way more posts than it used to, so I see that you are usually posting, when the old version of "posts You like" made it seem like very often you didn't post, because nothing would show up.

I know it all sounds convoluted, and I still wish I had my news ticker back, but at least I can see more of what's happening now. And I can see that you've had a lot of things going on with your bands.

Today I had a really nice hike in Whitney Canyon. I don't go there as often as some of the other trails, but every time I do go, I am reminded how awesome it is. There is a feeling inside there that is haunted, but in a happy way, like an enchantment. You can see it and hear it in the sounds and movement of the birds, they embody and carry the feeling like messengers. And you just feel it mostly from the landscape and the plants and trees, and the shadows they all cast. Every time I go there, the place is good for a picture or two, and the feeling of enchantment is very special, a great rejuvenator.

I had to relocate another lizard today. The Black Kitty had one trapped near Pearl's front door, and the poor guy was frozen in his tracks. Thank goodness he still had all his body parts. So I shooed her away - boy does she hate when I do that - and then I scooped the scared lizard onto my trusty trowel and relocated him to the side yard way over by the far corner of the property. There is a big hedge there that is too dense for the kitty to get into, so maybe Mr. Lizard will play it safe and stay in there.

Not much else to mention, no movie tonight but I did watch an episode of "Danger Man" starring Patrick McGoohan. I've probably mentioned that it was one of my very first favorite TV shows as a kid, and I have the whole series on dvd.

And I can play and sing the theme song, "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers.......   :)

The twangy guitar lick in that song is one of the great hooks in rock history. Once you hear the song, you'll know which lick I mean, it's played as a refrain........

I also like Googling Beatles songs, since I am singing now, and so I like finding the chords to their songs so I can sing and play, something I was never able to do simultaneously until recently.

That's all for tonight, my Darling. See you in the morning!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment