Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy Saturday + The Return Of Sweet Babyism? + Vin Scully + "Wendy And Lucy".

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Today I did see two posts by you, one having to do with people getting ready for "a flight", so I thought maybe that meant you were going on one yourself, perhaps back to Arizona. Didn't you still have some work to finish there, on the film with your friend Katie? Well anyhow, just a guess about the "flight" post.  :)

But I also saw the pic of James getting ready to attend a wedding, and just now I see another pic in that vein, of a gal holding up a bridal bouquet, so..........maybe that means that Sweet Babyism is back? I hope so! I have been wandering around in the dark for a while, not sure what has been going on - I mean, I know you've been working on various projects, but then I wasn't sure if you were in a dry spell, clientwise, or just not wanting to post anymore. But maybe these posts today (and just now) signify something.  :):)

If true, then that is great news!

I had a nice day, just a regular Shopping Saturday with my sister Vickie, who has been coming over again on a regular basis. Then this afternoon at 4:30 I took The Crew to Lake Balboa. It was a warm day, the Sun shimmered on the water as described from previous trips, and the park was full of people, dogs and birds as always. A flock of about ten Canada Geese came strutting right in front of the car as we were getting ready to leave, like "yeah, we own the joint, thanks for visiting".

I am making a point of listening to Dodger games this year, at home, at Pearl's or in the car, because this is the final year that Vin Scully, our legendary Dodger broadcaster, will be calling games. He has been the announcer for the team for 67 years, since 1950, when they were still located in Brooklyn.

Who does anything for 67 years? I have never heard of anyone's career, in any profession, lasting that long. Vin is now 88 years old, and will be 89 on November 29, so he is a fellow Sag. I have been a Dodger fan since I was five, and so Vin Scully has been with me pretty much my whole life, and the amazing thing is that his voice sounds more or less the same as it did in the 1960s. But he is going to finally retire after this season, so I am listening to the games whenever I can. Grimsley has actually gotten to meet him twice, when he delivered flowers to Scully's house in Holmby Hills, a very wealthy area between The Valley and Malibu. He said Vin Scully answered the door himself, no butler or aide. He is really the King Of Los Angeles if there is such a thing.......

Tonight I watched another film by the director Kelly Reichardt ("Meek's Cutoff"), because I was impressed with her style despite that film's ending. This one was called "Wendy And Lucy", and I found it at The Libe, as usual. "Wendy And Lucy" got a fair amount of publicity when it came out in 2008, and it's the story of a young woman on the verge of homelessness, and her dog Lucy (who is all she's got in the world besides a broken down car and a few hundred bucks). The film is once again expertly shot and paced, and acted by Michelle Williams. It is a heartbreaking story but also one of courage. This director is one to watch, I have seen two of her films now and both were riveting.

Tomorrow morn, Church and singing.

I am super happy that you posted today, and tonight! Whatever the state of your projects may be, I trust that they are coming along well. One thing I am certain of is that if you've got work, that you are nailing it.....

That's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby. I will see you in the morning......

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment