Saturday, May 7, 2016

"Night Moves" + Color vs.Grey

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I'm a little later than usual because I'm at home tonight, which means (as you know) that I instantly revert to my standard hours of operation. Really it's just because when I'm off work, I do more stuff : read more, watch more movies, take more pictures, etc. Tonight I watched another film by director Kelly Reichardt called "Night Moves", about some young environmentalists planning a terrorist action. It was my third film by her in a little over a week, and each one has been excellent and entirely different from the other two. Talk about not repeating yourself....

I don't want to give anything away about "Night Moves", but it's just really, really good. The thing about Reichardt is that she has the sensibility of an Art House indie director, but the technical talent of a big time Hollywood director. I highly recommend all three of the films I've seen so far.

I hope your day was good. I only saw one post, via Steve with the drumsticks, so you are probably still working with those guys. It rained here all afternoon, so the usual Friday trip to Lake Balboa didn't happen, but we did manage to take The 'Ster for a quick walk at The Shady Park, which is just down the street, and is Very Shady indeed, especially on an overcast day.  :)

I forgot to mention that I got my hair cut yesterday, just the usual cut I always get, a little shorter and then it grows back, but the point is that I asked the stylist, "could we maybe do some color next time I come in"? I go in about every ten weeks or so. Five times a year. But she shrugged me off. "No, men don't need color. A little grey is good for men". But the thing is, I'm starting to get A Lot Grey. I mean, it's weird because in the mirror most of my hair still looks dark. But then in the sunlight or in photos, well Holy Smokes. It looks grey!

So what say you? Color or no color? My hair stylist pretty much flat turned me down on a color job. I mean, I don't exactly have a full head of white hair, and I'm absolutely not gonna let that happen, not til I'm 80 anyway. But I still kinda wanna add color soon......

The third time was the charm for Lush tickets. After getting shut out for last week's Roxy show, and also the first Fonda Theater show in September, both of which sold out in (i)1 second - which in complex number theory means they sold out before they even went on sale (which seems ridiculous, and probably is), this morning I was able to get a ticket for the second Fonda show, and so I will finally get to see them 20 years after being a fan.

Well, that's all for tonight. I Love You and will see you in the morning, after a sleep-in.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment