Sunday, May 8, 2016

JVR in Tarzana + Coyote at Aliso

Happy Super Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I am just getting back from Tarzana, where I went to see your fellow Wisconsonite Jesika Von Rabbit at a place called the Maui Sugar Mill Saloon. Grimsley and I used to go to tons of Gram Rabbit shows from 2006 to 2013 and then JVR's solo shows starting that year, but I hadn't been to a show in a couple years because of my work schedule. Tarzana is just six miles down Reseda Boulevard from me, however, so I was able to make it this time, and I had fun. Grimsley did not wind up going because he has to get up at 6:30 to get ready to deliver flowers for Mother's Day.

At any rate, I had a good 36 hours off. Earlier this evening I went up to Aliso Canyon for a hike. It's nice to go there at twilight time, and you can hear all the frogs start to croak in rhythm as the Sun goes down. I saw my first coyote there, too. He wasn't real big, like a medium-sized dog, and skinny. I thought coyotes were bigger like German Shepherds, and so at first I thought this guy was maybe a fox or something. He was about 50 feet from me, standing warily half hidden in some bushes. But he had that distinctive look, and also I thought "we don't have any foxes around here". So definitely a coyote, maybe a youngster. He was nothing to be afraid of in any case, although I made sure to keep moving on the main trail so as not to agitate him.

Tomorrow morning I am right back at it, so I'd better get to sleep. Church and singing in the morn.

See you after choir practice. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment