Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Historic Night

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Well, it is official. History has been made tonight, and Hillary Clinton is the first female nominee for President. I can still remember the excitement (and later the extreme disappointment) during the California primary in 2008, when Vickie and I helped work the phones at Hillary's L.A. headquarters in Century City. She of course lost the nomination to Obama, and so as a long time supporter, tonight means a lot to me. Again, if you are a Bernie supporter, I know the feeling I had from 2008 and I sympathize. I'm sorry it didn't work out for him, but he ran a strong campaign.

I voted this afternoon at the Northridge Methodist Church which is just steps from my apartment. I'm so close I could see the voting room from my window. This evening, I took Pearl to vote at another church in Reseda. Then we started watching CNN to see the returns coming in.

Trump seems to be in some hot water for his remarks on that judge, and now that it's down to just him and Hillary, I think he is gonna get creamed. He is gonna look worse and worse to ordinary folks who might have believed in him. Of course his die-hard followers will vote for him no matter what, but tonight you see, in major population states like California and New Jersey, just how much support Hillary Clinton has. She doesn't get the amount of news coverage Trump gets, or even as much as Bernie Sanders got, but what she does get is votes.

So it's all very exciting, to me at least, and I will personally be very glad to have the Clintons back in the White House.

Other than that, I'm not very political, haha.......   :)

I hope your day was good. I didn't see any posts, so I guess you were busy, but I did like the concert photo you posted, beautiful orange colors in that one.

That's all I know for tonight. Post if you can.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment