Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Super Humid + Great Photo + Super Steep + "Brooklyn"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

It is a sweltering night here in Reseda, still super humid as I write. The humidity made the mid-90s temperature seem well over 100, and so - being the Nutty Person that I am - I went up to O' Melveny Park for a One Hour Hike at 3pm. I mean, I'm not just doing it to be nutty, or even for that reason at all. I do it to keep in shape, and the thing about hiking as opposed to walking is that you can't do it at night, cause a Mountain Lion could eat you, or you could fall off a cliff.

So you've gotta hike during the day, and anyway I do indeed like hot weather (though I could do without the humidity).

Today's hike was something different; I went up a trail I had not really explored before, except for just a cursory 100 yards or so a couple years ago. It's called the "Grotto" trail and I'd forgotten about it. It's off to the side of the park and easily unnoticed, but today I wanted to try something different and keep my "uphill" legs in shape, so I went all the way in this time and came to a super steep hill, one of the steepest trails I've been on. At first I thought "no way", but when you start up a steep trail it and you are actually on it, it's not as bad as it looks from the starting point. But it ultimately proved to be too steep near the top, because the dirt on the trial became granulated like powdered sugar. Going up, that isn't a problem, but going down definitely is, because chances are with that kind of dirt, you are gonna start to slide. And then you might wind up on your butt, so I said "that's far enough". I will try again maybe after a rainy season (if we ever get one) when the dirt has become compacted once again. It was cool to try a new trail, though.

Having not watched a movie for a couple weeks, I was due for one, so tonight's was called "Brooklyn", which came out last year and starred Saiorse Ronan as a young Irish woman who emigrates to New York in the early 1950s. It has a great period look, and though the subject matter is not typical, it is pulled off very well, due in large part to the lead actress Ronan, who was nominated for an Oscar for her role. A surprisingly good film, based around a love story and themes of homesickness and family loyalty, with lots of great Irish character parts. They ought to make more movies like this.

I hope your day was good. Your "swag" photo was great, capturing the action of the guitarist and with perfect positioning of his glasses between the lights. Great color, too.  :)

I only saw one post, of the gal from White Empress, her side project. So maybe another new client?

Quite good, I think. You seem to be working steadily.......  :)

That's all I know for tonight. See you in the morn, post if you can.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):) 

No comments:

Post a Comment