Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Great Video + Goofy Ring Finger + Strum Some Beatles + Love

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Today was a Typical Tuesday workday for me, so not a lot to report on my end, though I did practice strumming my Beatles songs this afternoon. I am learning to switch between using my almost completely bent ring finger (left hand) on open chords at the end of the neck, because believe it or not, I can still use it to make a C chord, say, and a few other voicings of chords, and I can still use it to play lead. If you saw my left hand, this might be hard to believe because my ring finger is doubled over and my pinkie is hooked, but the pinkie is as useful as ever, and the ring finger comes in handy in certain places. But to play barre chords, I have to "ditch it" because it gets in the way. I can't play barre chords with a full-on clamp down anymore, so I have to make do with my index, middle and pinkie fingers to do the best I can. But the cool thing is that I am getting the muscle memory - just from repetition - of hiding or tucking the bent ring finger behind the neck on barre chords so it doesn't get in the way, and now, it hides itself almost automatically.

Really, it's just compensating. And despite the description of my hand, it's not as gross as it sounds. It only looks goofy if I extend all my extendable fingers. If my hand is relaxed, it's not as noticeable.

But anyhow, I am having a blast with my new Beatles songs, because I am finally after all these years getting the hang of singing and playing at the same time.

I think it's great that your video for The Fine Constant got put up on the MetalSucks website! Your name was mentioned too, as I'm sure you saw, and the video came out great as always, even though I know it was done as a live take without the usual production set-ups. The diffuse lighting looks cool, though.  :)

It sounds like Sarah is adding a lot of color to her music, as opposed to just shredding, which is good I think. In the recent songs I've heard, she does the shred in small doses but seems to be going for melody and different little stylings like an Eastern or Indian motif in the song you shot. It's a good move on her part, to keep developing her music. Let the other bands play a million notes per song. She should continue to go for musicality.

Are you gonna go on tour with TFC, or maybe just to the regional shows? If you do, have a blast! You have a lot of videos under your belt now, and a ton of great concert shots. Congrats and keep going.

And strum a few Beatles songs too along the way.......  :)

Tomorrow I will try for a hike.

See you in the morn, SB. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment