Saturday, June 11, 2016

Great Photo + "Conjuring 2" + First Road Trip In 35 Years

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Wow, that was a fantastic shot you posted this morning! I like the long shot and also the wide angle. The angling upward toward the trees and sky could have given it a "horror" effect, but because of the soft moonlight and the warm light coming from the cabin, the photo has more of an enchanting or welcoming effect. Really a great photo. You are making the Long Shot a bit of a trademark for yourself, like the one you have on Flickr of the girl at the end of the pier on the lake. The "all blue" photo. That too is a long shot, and in that one and also today's photo of the cabin, you have your subject (girl on pier, cabin) perfectly positioned.

Good stuff, and I will have to try more long shots myself. I am probably a middle distance shooter, never too close or too far away..........the eye sees what it will see, I suppose.  

Today, I went and saw a movie : "The Conjuring 2". I don't often go to the theater, but my sister and I saw the first "Conjuring" three years ago (and liked it), and then a couple days ago Vickie went to a screening in Santa Monica of the new one, with James Wan (director) and Vera Farmiga (lead actress) in attendance. She called me afterward with a rave review, so I figured I'd better go asap. And Vickie was right. It was pretty awesome; big league horror with incredible atmosphere. Wan sure knows how to light a room, and that quality of lighting and dim but distinct coloring in the nighttime scenes surely sets the tone and keeps the tension high. Also, there is some very imaginative usage of background imagery. I wont say any more, but this is one film where you'll find yourself glancing from one end of the screen to the other, to make sure you don't miss anything in the corners. If you are a horror fan, that is......and if you are, go see this movie.

So it looks like you are camping. On the road all Summer, it looks like. :) And Summer hasn't even begun, officially anyway, but you have certainly been all over the region up there, and taking great pics.

I will actually be taking a road trip of my own, at the end of July. In fact, it'll be my first extended trip in....

35 years! (omg) That probably requires a drum roll at the beginning, so feel free to go back and insert one if you like. Yes indeed, Sweet Baby, I have said before that I am The Least Traveled Person You Will Ever Meet (or at least one of them), and I'm still not venturing all that far on my upcoming trip, but I was invited by some old friends (David B. on FB and his sister) to come up and visit them in San Francisco, and I am gonna do it. I will drive up.

The "B"s used to live on the legendary Rathburn Street in Northridge, where my family lived too for 25 years (1970-1995). The "B"s lived there only until 1976, and have lived up north ever since, but in the time they did live down here, David was one of my best friends as an adolescent, and we did things like ride our bikes to Alice Cooper's house in Laurel Canyon. We hung out at College Records every day after school from 1973-76. We were together all the time, and their house was the hangout spot for everyone in the neighborhood. When they first moved, in Fall 1976, I used to visit them once a year until 1980.

But not since, until now. It won't be a long trip, just four days, but it'll be fun. I admit that I really don't have a Travel Bug the way most people do, but I do wanna see some stuff before I am Ancient (still a long ways off, I assure you), and what I wanna start with is just some road trips and maybe even train trips.....

Anyway, I've been up the coast 200 miles to Vandenberg Air Force Base, or 150 miles down to San Diego, but this will be my first trip to another distant city (SF is 375 miles) since I was 21. My goodness......

Well, that's all I know for tonight, my Darling. Keep taking and posting awesome photos, and I will see you in the morning!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)  

No comments:

Post a Comment