Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Scorcher + Bunnies

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

The story here today was the heat. Good Lordy Moses was it hot. I of course like it, so that's not a complaint, but when it gets up past 110 (or even over 100, really), you do indeed notice the difference. Today was undoubtedly the hottest day of the year, and if it gets any hotter we'll be breaking records.

Naturally I wanted to go on a hike, but the air conditioning wasn't working well at Pearl's, and so I thought I'd better go get a fan to help circulate the air. I went to Target and got a big box-type fan, it's humming along as I write, and the white noise seems to have a calming effect on Pearl & Kobe, too. They are both asleep at the moment.

As any denizen of the Valley can tell you, it's not so much the hot days as the hot nights. The houses soak up all that heat energy during the day and then act like a radiator all night long, so if the AC isn't working it's often more uncomfortable in the house at night than during the day. Hot and humid.

I did go on a walk at Aliso Canyon this evening from 7 to 8pm. That's when the Bunnies come out, and the place is full of them, darting this way and that. One stood still long enough for me to get a picture, my first Bunny Photo of the year, which I posted on FB.

I saw a post by you, via your friend and colleague Katie. It was the second one she has posted from Los Angeles. She gets around a lot, it seems. Have you guys finished up your Arizona project yet?

Well, anyhow, that's all the news for today. It's supposed to "cool down" perhaps 20 degrees tomorrow, into the mid-90s. Ahhh, a nice mild day.

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment