Monday, June 13, 2016

God Bless America + Thoughts On Life + Moon + Hike

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope the day's news did not ruin your video shoot. I mean, I know that at this point, with these events, we are all kind of numb, and none of us have the words any more to express how outraged we are. One of these things happen, and we are now expected to just get on with it, or maybe our defense mechanisms kick in and lead us that way, and we now go about our business as if it's a regular day (but not quite).

I guess what I'm saying is that we are tired of being outraged, and we already know that nothing is going to be done to prevent future occurrences. So what we do instead is just live our lives. And I think it's all we can do, which is why I hope your video shoot went along as planned, and that you had fun despite the news.

My sister called me, very upset, and I gave her the same speech : "If they didn't do anything to stop this after the Sandyhook event, when little kids got killed, then they aren't gonna do anything this time". I am not a cynical person, and I do believe that we are living in a phase, rather than a permanent reality, but sometimes phases can last a while. I explained to my sister that during World War Two, 60 million people died in a six year period as a result of the war. That's ten million people per year, for six years, or more than 25,000 every single day. Think about that number - every day  on average for six years.

And there were two World Wars in a 30 year period. It's a wonder my parents' generation made it through.

And yet they did, and the human race went to the Moon in 1969. So that is the other end of the spectrum, and it's important to look at that as well.

The gun problem might not be able to be solved entirely, not in the short term, but surely something could be done about it. But it's like going to the Moon : you've gotta want to get there. And so far, this country - as a whole - does not seem to have the will to get to that point, of serious gun control. //

At any rate, I shall say no more tonight on the subject. I will guess that your video shoot went well, and that makes me happy. I also liked your post with the pics from Camp Douglas. "A beautiful day for a hike" was the caption, and it looks like a great place for a hike. I am curious about the stone structures in the middle of the pic. That is the kind of relic I would love to explore. :) Maybe you have been there yourself?

I think it's almost always a Beautiful Day For A Hike, so let's go on one.  :):)

Today, no singing in church, as previously mentioned. It was a short service, with no choir practice either, so I will be glad to get back to singing next week. One of my favorite things, as you know.....   :)

Things are gonna get better in The World, despite the manipulative news, despite the gadgets and the agitated people. Most people, in any country of any race or religion, just wanna live in peace. That has always been the case, even in times of World War.

And in the future, the only thing that's gonna explode is love and creativity.

See you in the morn, SB.

 I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment