Thursday, June 23, 2016

Oh Deer + Good Pic + Ahem! (Bieber) + Horror Books

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice day and that all projects are coming along well. I was glad to see that you got to shoot a show last weekend, Stitched Up Heart, and I guess that's what you meant by your post yesterday of Jenni holding the CD cover. I liked your photo (and you know I always love lens flares & effects!), and it is super cool that you keep adding more and more bands to your portfolio/clentele.

My day was good, especially because I saw those deer at O'Melveney Park. I had gone on one of my special Hour Long Hikes at 3pm, which I do a lot these days because work is more involved. Anyway, I went higher yet on the O'Melveney Trail, and when I came back down, and got back into the park itself, that was my reward. I was just walking along, heading back to the car and all of a sudden There They Were. Four of 'em, two Bigs, two Smalls. I posted another photo on Flickr. Anyway, what surprised me was how unafraid they were. I did not go stampeding toward them of course, and I stopped in my tracks as soon as I saw them. But then, wanting to get a closer shot, I took a few quiet steps forward every few seconds, and they saw me and didn't budge. They just kept eating and drinking from a trough the park keeps handy. They were on the wide main lawn of the park, which must be at least 15-20 acres. At any rate, they did that Deer Thing, where they turn their heads and stare at you, and the fawns seemed to be the most curious, so I continued to creep up......and I got within about 20 feet.....and zoomed in and got my pic.

Bambi trotted off after that, but not far, and the whole family stuck around and kept eating.

It's not the first time I've seen deer at O'Melveney, and if you look in my 2014 photo album on FB, you'll see the first time. I've also seen one at Whitney Canyon in Newhall, which is also on FB, probably in 2014. Anyway - it's great, cause I saw Bunnies at Aliso on Monday, and then the Deer today. :)

I am lucky (and probably shouldn't jinx myself by mentioning it) but I've only ever seen the Cute Creatures on my hikes, the rabbits, deer, and even baby geese, etc. And I've never once seen a rattlesnake or (thank God) a Mountain Lion. Both are indigenous to our area, but don't seem to come near the trails much, nor do I want' em to......

Still hot here, but only mid-90s today, and much cooler tonight. Steven Wilson just announced a Fall tour and tix go on sale Friday for a November show at one of the Downtown L.A. Theaters (The Belasco, which I have never been to), so I am stoked......

Now listen here, SB : I know you were tryin' to get me with that Bieber video. And you did get me, but I will be ready next time (um, at least I think I will)....

You won't believe this, and neither will I, but when Bieber first came out (when was it? back in 2009 or so?), I thought the guy was awesome. Not because he actually was awesome, mind you, but because I just thought : "how can anybody come out and be like that"? I mean, Donnie Osmond he wasn't. 

Ahh, if he'd only just quit back then, or remained just a face in a promotional photo. But no, he had to come to life. And now I am tormented.... :)

A quick list. Horror Novels! I dunno if I can think of ten right off the top of my head, cause it's not fair to do all Stephen King books (just like it's not fair to list all Beatle songs on a list of greatest songs), so I'll limit it to one book per author and see how many I can come up with:

1) "It" by Stephen King. I am re-reading it now, and it holds up as The Greatest Horror Novel Ever Written

The rest are in no particular order:

2) "Boy's Life" by Robert McCammon.

3) "City Infernal" by Edward Lee

4) "The Count Of Eleven" by Ramsey Campbell

5) "The Great And Secret Show" by Clive Barker

both Barker and Campbell are from Liverpool, just like The Beatles....

6) "The Lost" by Jack Ketchum

7) "The Curse" by Charles L. Grant

and that's all I can come up with at the moment. But, not too shabby, eh?

See you in the morning, Sweet Baby.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment