Sunday, June 12, 2016

Plant A Seed + O'Melveney + "Blast Of Silence" + Muscle Beach

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

That is awesome news about your video shoot tomorrow! I love your description of the setting and I'll be interested to see what a "post apocalyptic grandma's house" looks like (although I can kinda picture it a little bit I think).  :) I guess you are working with Fall II Rise again? Well, congratulations as always. More work begets more work, and the jobs are gonna continue to come your way. It's that "plant a seed" factor that we talked about when you were still in college : tell yourself in advance and focus mentally on what you are gonna accomplish - plant that seed - and then watch it grow. We talked initially about you becoming the Go-To Videographer/Photographer in your area, and that is already happening, so you can see that the "seed" factor works. It's more than even believing in yourself, although that is part of it.

What it is, is knowing. Knowing what's gonna happen in advance.

Now, you may not always know specifically what's going to happen, but inside, you have a general idea. And so you focus that idea, and that's how your life happens. And now, it is!

So knock it out of the park tomorrow, and post a pic if you wanna.  :)

I had a nice day and a nice hike, which I don't usually do on Saturdays, but Vickie had car trouble so our shopping was cancelled, and I went up to O'Melveney instead. The weather was uncharacteristically misty and drizzly, which created a neat atmosphere going up the hillside, and I went farther up than I had before. This is a long trail that eventually takes you to Mission Point, the mountaintop I climbed to in 2014 from a different trail. Eventually I will do it from the O'Melveney Park trail, too, but I'll need several hours to do it, so it'll be on a day off. No photos today because of the drizzle, but next time.......

This evening I watched a classic noir from New York circa 1961, a low budget but very artistic gangster movie called "Blast Of Silence". I found it on Criterion, and then got it from the Libe, and it is a classic. I would guess that it had an influence on the Scorsese movies of the early 70s. It's in black and white and you get a good look at the grittiness of New York City at that time. The plot is basic, but it's a film in which every shot and every scene counts, and the result if first rate art.

Tomorrow morn, our choir director and our pianist both will be out of town, so we will not be singing an anthem during the service, only the hymns, which the congregation sings too, so actual "choir singing" will have to wait till next week. I will be around in the early morn and then back after about 1pm as usual.

I also saw your post, via your friend Katie, with the photo of her at Muscle Beach. I got a kick out of that, haha, because Muscle Beach is a famous spot, I suppose (especially was in the 50s and 60s), and even more so because I myself have never been to Muscle Beach, lol. I mean, it's in Venice, and I've been to Venice Beach many times, but I've never seen that particular spot she is standing in front of (on what has gotta be a pair of stilts!). But it's a cool pic, and next time I am down that way I will find the Muscle Beach Gym.......it makes me think of Hans & Franz from SNL.....  :)

See you in the morning! I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment