Sunday, June 26, 2016

Opera At The Library Again

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Not much to report today, although I did go see the Opera Couple again, Andy and Jennifer Ann, whom I mentioned a few weeks ago. This time they were singing at the Mid-Valley Library, which is about 3 miles down the road from the Northridge Libe. My sister did not accompany me this time as she was babysitting, but she was the one who tipped me off to it. It began at 11am this time - pretty early because I often sleep in do to work issues as you know - but I woke up, had some coffee and headed over. The "set list" (do opera singers have such a thing?) was the same as it was at Northridge Libe : half traditional opera and half Broadway tunes, which I am discovering I like, lol. Rogers & Hammerstein and stuff like that, Gian Carlo Menotti. Even a beautiful song from "Phantom Of The Opera" called "All I Ask Of You".

Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to admit I like songs like that, but hey! : Straight guys can like them too. Music is music, I'm a sucker for romantic themes, and if it's good it's good.

I may have gotten into musicals as a result of going to see my sister Vickie, who was a teenage actress, perform in Junior High & High School productions of "The Mikado" & "HMS Pinafore" and a play about Pocohantas, the title of which I don't remember. I would have been a little kid then, and music was music, good or bad, and I always knew what I liked.

This afternoon I went up to Aliso for a full-length walk. Pretty hot out, but not roasting.

I only saw one post by you, the one about the horses, so maybe you were doing a shoot with Cory again, or something along those lines?

Tomorrow morning, church and choir of course. Our song will be an easy one to sing, "Thou Shalt Love" (can't remember the composer) which is about the First Commandment.

There are only Two, both mentioned in the song, and it must be said that both Commandments are pretty awesome, because in both, we are being commanded to love.

After Tuesday I will have a week off, including 4th of July.

See you in the morning and then after choir practice at 1pm.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment