Monday, June 27, 2016

Ticket To Ride at Warner Park w/ Bob Eubanks + Wanna Sing All The Time

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope your day was a good one. I am guessing you did not wind up going to High Noon Saloon for KX, cause I saw your posts this eve for other bands, perhaps ones you are or will soon be working with. I just figured you might've gone to the KX show because two of your bands were on the bill, but anyway, whatever you wound up doing I hope you had a blast.  :)

We had good singing in church this morn, and we got some nice compliments once again. Someone said we sounded like a much bigger choir than we are, with only ten members present today, so that was nice to hear. As I said before, I kind of like it when we are just a small "singing group", because you can hear the individual voices (and also because I get a chance to belt it out.....)  :)

I'm currently influenced by Ronnie Romero........   :)

And also Andy and Jennifer Ann, the Opera Couple.  :)

This evening, I went to Warner Park in Woodland Hills (about 8 miles from the Northridge/Reseda area) to see Ticket To Ride. They are of course the Beatles Tribute Band I've seen many times, and mentioned many times, and they play Warner Park every Summer. There was a big crowd, perhaps 5000 people, though I've seen even bigger crowds in the past for these guys. Tonight there was a special guest : Bob Eubanks, who is a local legend in Los Angeles because it was he who promoted the very first Beatles concert here, at the Hollywood Bowl in 1964. He wound up being the promoter of other L.A. Beatles shows, too, including the 1966 show at Dodger Stadium that my sisters went to (the time I got to ride along in the car to take them there).

Eubanks was also on TV when I was a kid, hosting a daytime show called The Newlywed Game, which was fun and even a little risque for those days. Most recently, he co-hosted the Rose Parade with a lady named Stephanie Edwards, and they held down that gig for about the last 25 years or so (maybe more).

He was also a disc jockey at a famous radio station called KRLA, and that was how he came to be The Beatles' promoter. So it was kind of cool to have him at the show tonight, and the timing is good because I am still reading the John Lennon book by Phillip Norman.

I'm almost always doing something involving Beatles.  :)

That's all for tonight. I trust all projects are coming along well. You've been getting some killer shots lately!

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment