Thursday, June 30, 2016

"Son Of Saul" & The Magic Of Doing What You Love

Happy Super Late Night, my Darling.

My late start always coincides with my first night off, but you already knew that. I am writing from home, of course. Didn't do much this afternoon except walk down to Northridge Libe to pick up a movie I ordered : "Son Of Saul", which I watched this evening. It won Best Foreign Film at this year's Oscars and my sister recommended it to me. A harrowing experience, for sure, with a gripping performance by the lead actor, a Hungarian man whose name I don't recall at the moment. It's a Holocaust film, directly about the Sonderkommando, who were the teams of prisoners tasked with the removal of bodies from the gas chambers. The film follows the one man, who goes grimly about his horrific work, but all the while has a secret objective that is personal to him. I can't say more without it being a spoiler, even though this may not be your type of film. At any rate, I would rate it as one of the most powerful films about the Holocaust that I've seen, very affecting, especially after having read "KL", that landmark book on the concentration camps that I finished a while back.

On a lighter note, I loved your post, accompanied by a photo, about the magic of concerts! That was perfect, and I am glad that you love your job. That makes me happy.  :)

Yep, I can remember the feeling I used to get when I was leaving a show, and especially with my favorite bands of the 80s like Judas Priest, Van Halen or Rush, and I'd just feel like "this is Real Life to me".

At concerts was where I felt "the Most Myself". It was the excitement and the music, for sure, and the lights and volume and adrenaline rush, but there was also something else......some other factor that you'd only feel upon leaving after the show was over.

That feeling was like Getting An Answer......

"This is what it feels like to Be Yourself. This is where You Belong".

And of course rock n' roll has been my life since I learned how to put a record on a turntable at 4 years old, and I don't know where I'd be without it.

And live concerts are the alchemical events that bring to life the magic within the recorded music.

You are right in the middle of a fantastic period in your life, and it will be something that you both look back on and look forward to, as your life in music and photography and videography continues.

You were meant to be doing what you're doing.

Life always tells you what is right, and you always know it on the inside.

It can't be described in words, except to say it's Magic.

That's all for tonight. I will see you in the morning, SB.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment