Thursday, April 13, 2017

Great Cover + Looking Forward To April 18th! + Poppy Reserve/San Francisquito + Aliso

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Well, right off the bat I've gotta say that is one of the greatest album covers I've seen in a long time. It's the kind of album cover where, when people see it, they will immediately think "who's that girl"? The concept of the face paint - and not just a face that is painted but a painting on a face - is so striking that it causes people to wanna know more. Man, Elizabeth - if there were still record stores, and that record was on the shelf, it would attract a lot of attention. Really a fantastic cover, and as I said before, so original too. I'm not sure I've ever seen a cover quite like it.

It will be indicative of the music inside, and I am looking forward to hearing it! It will be a birthday present. Now, you mentioned Amazon, and free streaming and other sites, but you did not specifically say anything about physical copies. If you are releasing CDs then of course I want one. If not, then I will get the download. But not being computer savvy or having access to a color printer, I would not be able to download the amazing cover. Well anyhow, I will know very soon, and I know what my album for April 18th will be.  :)  As far as price, you only mentioned the free streaming, but I want to pay for it - you worked hard on it and as an Artist you should get paid. So I hope you have an option for us to pay, also.

A busy day today for me. I went with Pearl and her daughter Helen out to Lancaster to see the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve, as posted on Facebook. Lancaster is a town on the edge of the Mojave desert, in the Antelope Valley which is just just north of the San Fernando Valley. Our area is full of valleys, including Simi Valley (home of Corriganville) and Santa Clarita Valley (Rice Canyon and others). But the Antelope Valley and Lancaster are a little bit further out, about 50 miles or so. Instead of taking the freeway, we took an old route (pre-freeway) which went through San Francisquito Canyon, in which was once located the St. Francis Dam. I drove up there a couple years ago, with the Kobedog riding shotgun, in search of the site but had no luck. This time, as a passenger and able to look around, I did see the old road, no longer in use, which once ran past the dam about 90 years ago. I forgot to mention that the St. Francis Dam collapsed in 1928, and killed over 400 people. To this day it is the second worst disaster in California history and the worst civil engineering failure in US history. So I have gotta get back out there and hike down to the site.

But back to the poppy preserve, it was just gorgeous. This part of Lancaster is desert boondocks, and you are out in the middle of nowhere (but still just 50 miles from the Valley). There are mountains all around, but then you come out into a flat area and you just see pastel-like swatches of orange, all across the hillsides. When you get closer it looks like an orange carpet. I had never been there before, and it doesn't happen unless we get a lot of rain, so this is probably the biggest poppy explosion in ten years at least. It was really something to see.

Later this afternoon, or early evening, I went for a full length Aliso walk, and got a pic of my buddy the squirrel, as posted on FB. The rest of the night was The Usual : a lot of reading of various books, working on my new drawing, and I also watched a classic episode of "Outer Limits" called "Demon With A Glass Hand". And I went for a CSUN walk, too, giving me a total of 7 miles for the day.

So that's all the news. I still have a few more days off. Looking forward to April 18th!  :) And also, what you said in your post, encouraging other aspiring musicians and artists to go for it, was right on the money! Excellent advice you gave them.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment