Saturday, April 15, 2017

Happy Good Friday + A Spiritual Portrait + Kinkos + Aliso, CIA and Usual Stuff Like That

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Happy Good Friday, too, and also Happy Ritchie Blackmore's Birthday, considered a holiday around these parts, or at least by Yours Truly.  :) I hope your day was good and your weekend off to a good start. I saw a post that said "flying to Arizona" by a friend of yours, in his case to bring back the gorgeous slabs of wood shown in the photo, but maybe you are going back there too? Maybe if I combine that post with yesterday's National Parks post, I'll be on the right track.  :)

Your portrait this morning was exceptional, and it almost has a religious or spiritual quality to it. It's almost like iconography, with her face framed in a halo of light. Most of all it's her eyes, her expression and the way her hand is placed and slightly tented. The tones are incredible and you've really outdone yourself this time with her lip color and again her eyes. Outstanding color hues! Just everything, her skin tone, eyebrows, nails.....wow. A great picture with a lot of feeling.

Today was similar to my other off-days this week, in that I slept late and got going in the afternoon. This time I finally took my own advice and did something I've been meaning to do for a while now : I went to Fed-Ex Kinkos and printed a bunch of my photos from the past year. Yay! Now I have actual prints I can put in a photo album. As I've said, and I'm sure you know, photos can look good on a computer screen, but you never know how good they look until you see them on photo paper, as prints. That's the way photographs were meant to be looked at, and you can hold 'em in your hand (only by the edges of course) and look at 'em up close. I am gonna go do more real soon. Only 29 cents per pic, for a 4x6.  :)

The Fed Ex is just down the street from Aliso Canyon, so of course I went there too, for the full length walk. En route I saw the baby squirrel as posted on FB. He was all by himself and unsure on his feet, almost as if he was still learning to walk. I think he was okay, though, and he probably found his way back to the nest.

Tonight, the usual. Reading my CIA book, and I am shocked to read about the germ warfare laboratory at Fort Detrick in Maryland, and that in the 1950s they actually conducted aerosol germ experiments on U.S. citizens in San Francisco. Now, whenever I hear about an outbreak of bird flu or something of the kind, I am gonna wonder, and go "hmm"....

I worked on my drawing, too, and watched a "Rawhide" episode. I'd like to see an episode in which Trail Boss Gil Favor (Eric Fleming) and Rowdy Yates (Clint Eastwood) encounter a secret CIA lab out in the Old West. They would take the moral high ground and shut it down and then they'd shut the CIA down, way back in the 1860s, before it even existed. On "Rawhide" the good guys always win.  :)

Tomorrow they are gonna have a combination birthday party for me and Easter brunch over at Pearl's. My sister Vickie and her husband Nico will be there, and it should be fun. It starts at Noon, so I can still sleep in a bit, though not til 11 as I've been doing, haha. At any rate, if you are on a road trip I hope you are having a blast. I will be around in the morning and then in the afternoon, probably around 3pm or so.

See you then! I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment