Monday, April 10, 2017

Happy Sunday Night + 90s Vocal Impersonator

Happy Sunday Night, Sweet Baby,

I am writing from home, off till Easter Sunday as reported last night. Today was busy, with getting up early for church, then lots of singing, and afterward doing some cleaning at Pearl's, and then two walks tonight. We did take time out late in the afternoon to watch the last few holes of The Masters, which turned out to be a classic shootout between Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose, one for the ages. I'm not a golf fanatic, but I played a little as a teenager, and The Masters is one tournament I always watch every year, and the course is so beautiful too.

I hope your day was good. I saw a post about using cruise control on the highway, and I don't know if there was a message in that one, but if so, I guess it either means you don't like aggressive drivers (and neither do I!), or it might be a metaphor : you are on "cruise control" yourself. You are cruisin', you have got it all under control, and everything is proceeding apace.  :) There was another post about something called Property Brothers, but I have no idea what that is, lol. I've gotta get hip.  :)

That's basically all the news. I watched an episode of "Rawhide" in which Clint Eastwood falls for a woman who, unbeknownst to him, is the unhappy wife of a murderous sheriff. He lands in very hot water until Eric Fleming, who stars as Trail Boss Gil Favor, bails him out of the jam he is in, and then the cattle drive continues as always.

Life is one big Western, SB. Or at least it should be......

I'm getting a lot of volume out of my voice lately, working on my 80s and 90s grunge/growler vocalist impersonations in the car, including the Stone Temple Pilots guy, Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam, Lane from Alice In Chains and Axl Rose. I follow along as their songs come on the radio, and I try and match 'em, grumble for grumble.

I'd like to try a Hootie song, because he's the All-Time 90s Baritone Growler, but they haven't played one in a while. Or maybe I'm listening to the wrong station.

At any rate, good singing.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)  

No comments:

Post a Comment