Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Your Album Is Outstanding

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Well, what can I say except "Congratulations"! and of course "Wow"......  :)

You did it! You did it, and you should think back to many years ago, when you were still in college and thinking about making an album. I can remember it because I talked about it with you back then. You had already written some songs, including "The Hours", which was the first one that caught my ear.

Well........now it is a reality. Pretty cool how these things work, right?  :)

I am listening now as I write, from the download that has just completed (FLAC). This is my second listen for the day, and so far my favorite song is "Runaway 1", exceptionally beautiful and evocative. Also, you have arranged the songs in a good order so that the transitions from one to the next sound like a natural progression, like they fit that way.

I have said this before about your music, that it reminds me of motion picture soundtrack music, and you have made a similar comment that is visually oriented, and in that way I think that you have really captured what you were seeing and feeling when you were writing these songs. You have gotten out what was inside.

"Stargazing"......another one. Really exquisite tones and phrases on that song. But more than just colors, you have composed an inner experience and set it to music. The colors are what make it visual.

On "The Hours", which was the first original song I heard by you, you have really brought out the dynamics in that song in this recording. This one in particular is a trademark sound for you, and I remember way back I said something like "this should play over the end credits of a movie" because of it's dramatic feel of finality.

You have made some excellent music here, Elizabeth, and your execution of it is well-paced and thoughtfully considered. It is fairly hypnotic in places and visual throughout, and for that reason could fit into the right scenes in high level dramatic movies. It certainly stands on it's own, like Einaudi's music, but has also the emotional ups and downs, and dreaminess, to fit into soundtracks.

I said way back when also, on Youtube I think, "please keep going", or something like that, and of course I meant keep writing. You did keep writing, and kept playing, and the results are very, very special.  :)

I hope this music will be heard by many people, and I know that you made the right decision in life when you chose to become an Artist by profession, as it was your birthright already.

One thing I noticed only today that was kind of cool : this morning on FB, I got one of those "memory" notices about Facebook friendship. Mine said, "you and Elizabeth have been friends for five years". As of today. I knew it was somewhere in April 2012, but it was exactly April 18th. Pretty cool, eh?  :):)

Thanks for the beautiful music, Elizabeth. And "keep going"......cause it's really neat the way these things work.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment