Monday, April 24, 2017

Happy Busy Sunday + Yardwork + Neatfreak + Era Of Gadgetry + El Indio

Happy Late Sunday Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice day and a good weekend. I am tired tonight cause I've been going since 8am this morning. We had a very simple anthem to sing today, called "Alleluia", in which there was only a single repeated lyric. I'm sure you can guess what it was.  :) Still a beautiful song, though I prefer the more challenging material. In that regard, we had a good rehearsal of upcoming tunes, one of which - "My Song In The Night" - fits the description of "challenging" due to it's offset vocal lines and counterpoint melodies.

After church I drove out to Burbank to take my sister Sophie shopping, then after a short stop at home I was back here at Pearl's for my evening shift. Tonight I will sleep like a rock, lol.

I saw your post about your friend Jake's birthday bash concert, so I'm sure you will be going to that and shooting pix. I saw the post via Joel W., too, about getting physical exercise. Of course I couldn't agree more. I might disagree about the yardwork part though, haha. When we lived at the Rathburn Street house I was the only one who ever did any yardwork. It was all up to me, if it was gonna get done. And we had a big yard, front and back, so in the Fall I'd be raking about a dozen bags of leaves. No leaf blowers in those days,

In one respect I always hated yardwork, just because it wasn't something fun or something I wanted to do. But as I got into the routine of doing it, I would kind of get into a rhythm of putting leaves into bags, and making everything looks as neat as possible. That's the Neatfreak in me. But that's how I would get a measure of satisfaction out of a chore, by completing it to a standard of neatness that looked good to me, in a Feng Shui manner. Whenever I had any kind of chores to do, I would always do them methodically, step by step, to go through the process of doing them. My goal was always to make things look neat, a result of my Dad's "Military Style" training of me as a kid.  :)

I agree with Joel's assessment of people sitting at computers for 12 hours a day, and the thing is this : Even though people think that is Normal Life nowdays, it isn't. And the reason it isn't is because it's only been happening for about 20 years. So for all of world history, before the age of computers and devices, people were not locked down to a screen. TV started moving people in that direction, and then computers and gadgets nailed them down. I was not immune myself, and when I first got onto the Internet I too was on there all day long. But my natural inclination to be physically active ultimately took over eventually. The thing is now, though, that many people don't have that inclination, because all they know is a life of gadgetry.

I tell people, however, that this era is an aberration, and it won't last. It's been going for 20 years, but in 50 more years, you will not see people staring at their phones as they walk down the street. Nor will you see drivers haphazardly and distractedly coasting down a sidestreet, proceeding verrrrry slowwwwly to the curb, then putting their emergency flashers on while they stop to read and answer a text. It's all aberrant to actual human nature, and it won't stand the test of time.

Well, that's all I know for tonight, except for Sarah's post about fixing up a frozen pizza. I was pretty good at that, too, except for me it was putting on loads of onion and garlic on top of an Oh Boy or Celeste frozen pizza, which I lived off of in my 20s, haha. I say "there's no such thing as a bad frozen pizza", because you can always fix it up, even with Pepperidge Farm Fish.

Man, I wish I could get away with eating frozen pizzas all the time, and cheeseburgers and tacos and humongous plates of spaghetti like I did in my 20s. In your 20s you can eat anything you want, haha.

I do need to go to El Indio one of these days, though. That is our local & legendary Mexican food place that looks like a roadside stand. They have the most incredible carnitas tacos there. I could eat about three of 'em right now, with a quart of salsa.

But I won't right now. But I will one of these days.  :)

That's all for tonight. See you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)  My favorite songs right now are "Stargazing", "Selva Obscura" and "The Thaw".........now you've gotta make a second album too.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment