Thursday, September 26, 2013

24/7 Love (4pm To Pearl's) (I'm Home) (films)

Good Morning, my Baby. I am gonna be back-and-forth all morning between Le Groomer for Kobi and the hairdresser for Pearl, so I just wanted to say Hi and wish you a wonderful morn and tell you I Love You. After I pick Pearl up from the salon, I should be home by 2pm or so, then I can relax for a couple hours. Right now I will be here til 11am. Hope your day is off to a great start!

4pm : Is that Lake Mendota in this morning's photograph? It is certainly a beautiful view. I see houses in the background, do you live near there? I know you are close to the lake. What a wonderful place to have so nearby. :)

Well, it's time for me to head back to Pearl's, and tonight is movie night, so I'll be back about 9:45 or 10pm my time. We are gonna see Fassbinder's "The Merchant Of Four Seasons". So I will see you then, Beautiful Lady. I Love You!

9:40pm : I'm back. The first thing I've gotta say is, not only is it mutual, it's so mutual that it's morphed into one giant ocean of love. I Love You So Much, Elizabeth. I've been thinking about you all day, and I am always so glad when I get home and can write to you. These are such great days, you have inspired them, and sharing them with you is what makes them magical and so very special.

I am gonna eat something real quick, then I'll be back. 

:):) Forever

11pm : You have a way of saying things, or sometimes with something you post, that can just melt me. The "mutual" post did that a little while ago. I just love to think of us being together, loving and caring for each other, and doing all the things we will do. Big things and little things, but all of them enjoyable because we share a passion and curiosity for life.

I had seen tonight's film before, about ten years ago with my Mom. Back then, I was not familiar with Fassbinder, so while I found the film interesting, it also came off as depressing and heavy handed, almost clunky. But now that I am familiar with Fassbinder, seeing it a second time allowed me to appreciate the style he was trying to convey with all the in-your-face close ups and melodramatic episodes. I see a lot of films from Europe, many of them post-WW2, and it is interesting the way in which the artists focus on angst and alienation. Europe is an interesting place, taken as a whole rather than seperate countries, because it is really a history of tribes, much like Africa: Gauls and Celts and Angles and Saxons and Ostrogoths and Visigoths. So many tribes, and the resultant fighting throughout the millennia. It is only in the last 70 years that there has been lasting peace in Europe, thanks to the United Nations and NATO (with all their faults).

But all of the existential angst comes through in the work of the European filmmakers, and it is why their style of cinema is far removed from that of Hollywood, with it's larger than life stories. Both styles have their merits and minuses, but I always find it interesting to observe where the influence comes from. Imagine being a German artist (filmmaker, musician or whatever) born in the wake of WW2. While such a person is in no way responsible for Nazi Germany, he or she still would have that residue as an influence.

I am fascinated by the way time passes, and how some things in the past are processed into the future. I also like to think about "what is the past"? Where does it go? It's something more than just sun-ups and sundowns.

I will see you in the morning, my Darling. Sweet Dreams. I Love You Always!   xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment