Monday, September 30, 2013

Here At Home (Alcest) (phones)

Happy Monday, my Darling. I've just been hanging around the apartment this afternoon, but I'm gonna head back to Pearl's in a little while. I checked in late because I figured I wrote so much yesterday that I'd give you a little breather. I always worry when I start going on and on about something, that I'm being a loudmouth or otherwise jerk-like. But anyhow, I hope your week is off to a good start. I Love You and will be here till 4pm, then back at 6:45.  :):)

7:15pm : Cool, Baby! I just now Googled "Alcest Acoustic Los Angeles", and discovered that they are gonna do an in-store here in L.A., at a record store called Vacation Vinyl (which I hadn't heard of), on Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake, which is in between Hollywood and Downtown. I haven't been able to find out the time of the show yet, and unfortunately there is only a slim chance I'll be able to make it, because of my 4:30 Pearl shift. But, at least they are doing one! Maybe if it started at about 2pm, I might be able to squeeze it in. We'll see. Either way, only three days til the concert! I am gonna go for my walk at 8:30, then will be back at 9:30. That is a funny picture of Sarah and her wacky boyfriend. They are the ones who (I think) turned my poem upside-down with their unique sense of humor, way back last February, which helped me to discover what was going on. So they're cool in my book. Funny, too.

(back in a bit)

10:50pm : Wow, so you haven't had a Smartphone all this time? I thought I was the only one who still had an old-style, basic cell. Well, now I'm the only one, lol. I guess I really don't need one, cause I don't use the phone all that much, and I can just use my Chromebook for computer stuff. I still even have my landline, and I guess many people don't have those any more. I would ditch the landline, and my old cell, if I could find an inexpensive iPhone or other Smartphone that - like you say - doesn't come with a contract, and doesn't cost more than I am already paying for my landline. I don't need it for the gadgetry, cause I've got a camera, I've got a computer, I don't text or use apps or any of that stuff. But if I could find one that was 100 bucks or less, and cost no more than 40 bucks a month to operate, month by month with no contract, then I'd get one.

It's the same thing with cable. I don't have any of those ATT bundles, because I don't need 170 tv channels and full sports subscriptions, etc. Most of what I watch is dvds, so I buy some and rent others, or get 'em from the library. That way I have more money for the important stuff, like travelling! So you are going to Europe? That is awesome. Man, I wish I was going with you! Have you ever been there before? I have not, of course, and as recently as 2010, my sister and I were planning to go (I think I've mentioned this before). But she has a family and all kinds of obligations, and in truth I doubt she will ever go with me, much as she might like to. Are you going for a vacation or graduation present? Well, you will have a blast, and then you can go again with me! I think I've said this before, too, but if I were going to Europe, I guess my first choice would come down to London, Rome or Paris. Those are the big ones, of course. I've also heard that Prague is a beautiful, old city. Since I've done no travelling, anywhere is fine for my first trip!

And, one thing I have wanted to do for a long time is criss-cross America, or at least the most scenic parts. But, one thing at a time. Everything will happen eventually. :)

I will see you in the morn, my Darling. Sweet Dreams as always. I Love You.  xoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment