Saturday, September 7, 2013

Philosophy (music)

Happy Saturday Evening, my Baby. I'm just getting home, so I wanted to check in to say I Love You. Today was uneventful. My sister did not come over for Saturday shopping because of the heat, so I just hung around the pad. I think we are gonna get a break soon, the weatherman says it's gonna drop down into the 80s in a day or two, so that will be nice. I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I will go for my walk at about 8pm, when it gets dark. Maybe try to take some night pictures. Then I'll be back at the usual time.

I Love You! (that's my philosophy of life).  :):)

10:55pm : Three Dog Night (the band behind tonight's song) was my favorite band for about a year, in a kind of musical neverland that existed for me between the time, as a kid, when I listened to Top 40 radio, and my second year of junior high school, when I discovered FM radio and began hanging out at College Records. That was when I "graduated" from pop music to quote/unquote Serious Rock.

But Three Dog Night kind of bridged the gap between The Monkees (another favorite group, in 1967) and Alice Cooper, who was the first real hard rock/shock rock showman rock star I ever was a fan of.

The Monkees were kid stuff, Alice Cooper was the Real Deal. At least to a thirteen year old in 1973, lol. And it was Three Dog Night who bridged that gap. They were a band built around three singers. The instrumentalists were just backup. They didn't even write their own songs, but their interpretations of others' songs were inspired. And, they had a huge number of hit songs.

I am having a lot of fun going back over all the music I listened to as a child (wait a minute......was I ever a child? No. I think I was always a kid.)

The thing about music, for me, is that it has been a constant, straight line, from The Beatles, with everything intersecting, to today. And now we have Alcest coming up, and I have an Agalloch show next week. I hope they expand their tour, too, so you can see them again.

Music has flowed through me since I can remember. It is my earliest consistent memory.

I find it fascinating that classical music has been preserved all these years, these centuries, even though there were no recordings or forms of broadcast three hundred years ago. So it took some dedication by the people to whom it was important, to preserve it.

The history of rock music should be preserved as well.

Sweet Dreams, my Angel. I will see you in the morning. I Love You. xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment