Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Soft Focus (more added)

Hey my Darling! ,

I'm just getting home. I loved that photo you posted a couple hours ago, and the concept behind it, too. It reminded me of some of the pics my friend Dave used to take. I told you he would deliberately unfocus a shot, just to obscure the subject (be it a building, a person or whatever). Now I wanna do it too, except I will need a camera with a manual focus option. Oh wait! I already have one - my Pentax ME Super film camera.

I still have to shoot some film. I've been saying I was gonna and I haven't.

I also like the concept behind the photo because the guy says it could be considered a temple of sorts, and all my reading and studies of late coincide with that - the megalithic structures, pyramids, stone circles, all designed for ancient magical practices having to do with cosmology and alchemy. Many of those structures have "windows" of precisely lined-up stones, to capture the sun's rays at a certain time of day or year, like a sunrise or an equinox. So, it all fits in with that picture.  :)

It was another blast-furnace day, so I will wait until dark to go for my walk. I may stop by the Oviatt just to see how the new printing set-up works, if the public can still use it, etc. I told you they pretty much turned the first floor into a coffee house lounge. It's really nice, but I don't know if they have public computers down there any more. I wanna print your Bill Watterson cartoon of the other day (super inspiring!) and also some of my blogs from the Summer, just a sampling for now but eventually all of 'em, to have as a printed record of this incredibly special time. So, if I leave on my walk about 7:45 (a half hour from now), I should be back no later than 9:45, and that's only if I can print at the Oviatt. So we'll see. But either way I'll be back at the usual time to write more. I hope you don't have a ton of homework (but I bet you do.......oy.)

But more than that or anything else, I Love You! :):)

And I'll be back in a little while........

10:55pm : I did go to the Oviatt and you can still print from the upper floors. The computer situation is the same deal as last Spring - no more public units on the first floor, but about 12 on the upper ones. It doesn't apply to me anymore, except for when I wanna print, but I still like to pop in for old times sake.

I think it's interesting that we have kind of gone into what you could call a period of esotericism. I mean, I realise with that statement that I am lumping you into into my present area of interest, but I know that you are interested in other metaphysical subjects, as they relate to nature, or meditation, or alchemy, so we are both kind of converging at the same peak. I say "it's interesting", because last year it was all music, and that was of course awesome, but now we have steered things in a divergent direction. Now that I think of it, I can include you as having mutual interest in the general course of the topic, because I write for you, and to you, and I receive your input, both psychically, spiritually, and directly on FB.

So now that I think about it again, and reconsider it, it's really interesting how the conversation has become more about metaphysical subjects ever since we started communicating this way. Your major is linguistics, and I have often said that when I write, it is an "inner voice" doing the talking, the voice of my mind rather than "me". So it is really interesting to think of the difference in the processes between speaking, or linguistics, and writing, or the voice of the mind. Perhaps what comes out of each process is not all that different, but I think that by communicating in a psychic manner, we have brought out a psychic text.

At some point down the road, it will be really interesting to combine these sensory forms, and do things like take psychic pictures. I love all this stuff, because I am adventuresome in that way. I am not a guy to climb Mount Everest, but I will climb the Mount Everest of thought and comprehension.

So, we are going in that direction. And we are turning it into art. It will be very interesting indeed to see how it evolves as we proceed. That's why I like to write it all down, so we have a record.

You are probably asleep, and so I send you Sweet Dreams in the moment. But if by chance you awaken to read this, I also send you a hug and kiss, many of them actually.

xoxoxoxoxoxo     I Love You, Elizabeth.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment